Microsoft's "Pivot"? on TED.. VIA gizmodo

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
this is basically using the internet as brainstorming in reverse!!

http://gizmodo.com/5488641/pivot-sho...ng-serious-ass

uh..

ok.. came across with this from gizmodo, pretty sure most ppl reads that on here.

getting mixed comments on their reader's comments; mostly "this is cool / that sux"

anyhow, can we have a more serious discussion on this particular idea, on appleinsider?

I think the UI needs some work, but the general idea seem promising. I see it could be the end of "something." .. perhaps blogs that don't have any value?.. perhaps the end of over priced merchandise?

I personally think IF this is the future of information browsing .. it will make a lot of things obsolete. Question is: how would this affect apple? bye bye safari? or is even OSX threatened?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BMWintoxication View Post

this is basically using the internet as brainstorming in reverse!!

http://gizmodo.com/5488641/pivot-sho...ng-serious-ass

uh..

ok.. came across with this from gizmodo, pretty sure most ppl reads that on here.

getting mixed comments on their reader's comments; mostly "this is cool / that sux"

anyhow, can we have a more serious discussion on this particular idea, on appleinsider?

I think the UI needs some work, but the general idea seem promising. I see it could be the end of "something." .. perhaps blogs that don't have any value?.. perhaps the end of over priced merchandise?

I personally think IF this is the future of information browsing .. it will make a lot of things obsolete. Question is: how would this affect apple? bye bye safari? or is even OSX threatened?

Nay... This will change nothing. I don't like the bar graphed searcher. Maybe used as a research tool but it will still give you the same results as any other search engine and that will be "Wikipedia" has the answer. Microsoft needs to stay out of the search market all together. Bing is least used search site in the world. Not only that but Bing itself is truly Hotbot with some fancy art and links, nothing more.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    hum... yes, same search result and all.. but more efficient. we've had search engines decide what's on the top for too long, where as i think some info can be paralelle.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BMWintoxication View Post

hum... yes, same search result and all.. but more efficient. we've had search engines decide what's on the top for too long, where as i think some info can be paralelle.

It still decides what outcome is on top.