Apple halts retail orders for MacBook Pros ahead of new models

12346»

Comments

• Reply 101 of 111
    foadfoad Posts: 717member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by paul123 View Post

I hope the get rid if the stupid and more than annoying glossy screens. I really wonder who came up with them. You can't work with them properly because it's like a freaking mirror. The worst idea ever...

There are matte options for both the 15" and 17" as a BTO option.
  • Reply 102 of 111
    dhunterdhunter Posts: 34member
    Australian Apple store down.
  • Reply 103 of 111
    mr. kmr. k Posts: 115member
    US Apple store is down.

• Reply 104 of 111
    1337_5l4xx0r1337_5l4xx0r Posts: 1,558member
    Just an FYI, although I believe Apple will include i7 in their lineup, be aware that i7 is up to 20% faster than i5, but draws about 40% more power. That in turn translates into heat. So hotter, crappier battery life, for up 20% computation increase (in threaded apps).

Edit: BTW, that is under full load.
  • Reply 105 of 111
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mr. K View Post

US Apple store is down.

Alright people, let's DO this thing.

COME ON BABY
  • Reply 106 of 111
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by 1337_5L4Xx0R View Post

Just an FYI, although I believe Apple will include i7 in their lineup, be aware that i7 is up to 20% faster than i5, but draws about 40% more power. That in turn translates into heat. So hotter, crappier battery life, for up 20% computation increase (in threaded apps).

Edit: BTW, that is under full load.

i7 only the top of the line MBP 17" ... And even then, yeah, hotter, crappier battery life, etc.

I estimate 50% chance Apple will NOT include i7 in MacBook Pro line AT ALL. Just kills their battery life estimates... 7 to 8 hours... "Oh, but not for the best and fastest Macbook Pro". Sounds weird, right?
  • Reply 107 of 111
    The german Apple Store is back online.

13' no iCore but 15' and 17' both have the i5 and one 15' Version has the i7.

I'm still very disappointed that you have to pay a lot extra to get the non-glare display version.
  • Reply 108 of 111
    Hey Gang,

Thanks for all your quick and informative responses. I just checked the specs on my order and Apple has indeed changed my 15" from the 2.8 Core2Duo to the 2.66 i7!

Just thought I would update you all on the process! The only thing is that Apple has pushed my expected shipping dates back 3-4 days.

Thanks again!
  • Reply 109 of 111
    justflybobjustflybob Posts: 1,337member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by PB View Post

Either way, today is definitely not the day. The European stores are still up. If an update was scheduled for today, they would be down by now.

So...

How do you prefer your Crow?

Well done, or with a little pink still showing?
  • Reply 110 of 111
    justflybobjustflybob Posts: 1,337member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iZilla View Post

Hey Gang,

Thanks for all your quick and informative responses. I just checked the specs on my order and Apple has indeed changed my 15" from the 2.8 Core2Duo to the 2.66 i7!

Just thought I would update you all on the process! The only thing is that Apple has pushed my expected shipping dates back 3-4 days.

Thanks again!

Enjoy!
  • Reply 111 of 111
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

i7 only the top of the line MBP 17" ... And even then, yeah, hotter, crappier battery life, etc.

I estimate 50% chance Apple will NOT include i7 in MacBook Pro line AT ALL. Just kills their battery life estimates... 7 to 8 hours... "Oh, but not for the best and fastest Macbook Pro". Sounds weird, right?

This is why making forward looking statements with certainty always comes back to bite you in the ass. You don't know Apple's plans any better than anyone else, so to make statements like that is patently absurd.