Sources reveal specs of Apple's MacBook Pro refresh

1235»

Comments

• Reply 81 of 88
    markkmarkk Posts: 13member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by success View Post

wow...yawn.. macbook is almost the same as my 2007 MacBook. Oops, already said that

Btw, 512B is TINY!!!! I used up my 1TB within a couple of months downloading music alone.

All laptops should come with 1TB stock.

wow how the hell can you afford 1TB worth of music?
  • Reply 82 of 88
    mazda 3smazda 3s Posts: 1,613member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by markk View Post

He must use the five finger discount Or he could be downloading a lot of fan-recorded live albums un FLAC
  • Reply 83 of 88
    successsuccess Posts: 1,040member
    Quote:

How the hell can I afford (not to)?

Btw, if you convert a regular length CD to FLAC it's about 700mb. With all the box sets/greatest hits etc you can imagine how quickly 1TB would get used up.

Not that I convert CDs. I "pirate" them. But my friends sometimes convert them.
  • Reply 84 of 88
    You can't get the 15" anti-glare in stores ! You have to wait for them to ship.
  • Reply 85 of 88
    Soooo glad that I didn't cancel my Vaio order. These updates are a joke.
  • Reply 86 of 88
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by infinitespecter View Post

Soooo glad that I didn't cancel my Vaio order. These updates are a joke.

Totally agree. The performance improvement is very small for the length of time we've waited for these. I appreciate CPU supply was to blame, but still.

As usual, no sign of a spec for the SSDs they're supplying. I was horrified when I got an Xserve with an Apple SSD and it had the performance of a 2007 SSD. About 90MB/s. Pathetic by 2009 standards and simply embarrassing by 2010 standards.
  • Reply 87 of 88
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ontheinside View Post

Totally agree. The performance improvement is very small for the length of time we've waited for these. I appreciate CPU supply was to blame, but still.

As usual, no sign of a spec for the SSDs they're supplying. I was horrified when I got an Xserve with an Apple SSD and it had the performance of a 2007 SSD. About 90MB/s. Pathetic by 2009 standards and simply embarrassing by 2010 standards.

I feel the same, this update is a joke and is severely overpriced. The graphics improvement is close to null going from a 9600 to a GT 330M, the RAM is ultra expensive and the 1680 resolution is in option for a 1800? laptop...

If I had to buy something, it would be the Macbook pro 17 with i7, 500GB HDD and anti-glare. That's almost a 2500? piece of hardware!!!!!!! A corresponding Vaio is around 1400? and more powerful Asus (the G73jh) is starting around 1500? with i7.

these macbooks are only worth the shot if you REALLY need the very long battery life.
  • Reply 88 of 88
    Quote:

Music thievery!