Apple retail store sales climb 8% to start 2010, even without new Macs

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 31
    anonymouseanonymouse Posts: 6,950member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

iGenius(?)

I'm leaning toward tekstud with the "try to keep up" comment.
  • Reply 22 of 31
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post

I'm leaning toward tekstud with the "try to keep up" comment.

He's the one I don't think it is. While this character's agenda is anti-Apple I he's definitely got more braincells firing than Teckstud ever did. Teckstud has trouble with complete sentences, punctuation, capitalization, et al. This guy can write like a grown up, he even put quotes around "besting" and "better company".
  • Reply 23 of 31
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by WilliamG View Post

I made no claims of "besting" or "better company".

8% might be great, or it might be lower than average. If you don't like comparing Apple's sales growth to other electronics retailers, then don't engage.

8% is likely very good, but without perspective, one cannot know.

Except, you haven't had perspective once in this thread. 8% of what compared to 46% of what? You pulled Amazon's highest percentage and Apple's lowest percentage and compared them without qualifying anything. Economics 101: percentages mean absolutely nothing in and of themselves.

You failed to mention 33%, 42%, 49%, 90%, or 131%.
    CUPERTINO, California ? April 20, 2010 ? "We?re thrilled to report our best non-holiday quarter ever, with revenues up 49 percent and profits up 90 percent,? said Steve Jobs, Apple?s CEO. ?We?ve launched our revolutionary new iPad and users are loving it, and we have several more extraordinary products in the pipeline for this year.?
    This is where you change you'd typically change your stance and claim that Apple's customers are just sheep and that Apple is clearly raping their customers.
  • Reply 24 of 31
    nasseraenasserae Posts: 3,167member
    Quote:

I made no claims of "besting" or "better company".

8% might be great, or it might be lower than average. If you don't like comparing Apple's sales growth to other electronics retailers, then don't engage.

8% is likely very good, but without perspective, one cannot know.

You are not comparing "Apple sales growth". You are comparing Apple RETAIL stores sales growth to Amazon online sale growth. Retail sales cannot be compared to online sales. Apple retail stores are limited by their location while Amazon can ship worldwide. You can't compare local to global growth.

By the way, Amazon and Apple are not competitors when it comes to sales. The only area where they are competitors is the eBook reader category, which is irrelevant here.
  • Reply 25 of 31
    anonymouseanonymouse Posts: 6,950member
    Quote:

He's the one I don't think it is. While this character's agenda is anti-Apple I he's definitely got more braincells firing than Teckstud ever did. Teckstud has trouble with complete sentences, punctuation, capitalization, et al. This guy can write like a grown up, he even put quotes around "besting" and "better company".

Well, he is obviously "playing a part" as were the tekstud and igenius aliases, so I'm not sure you can read too much into that.
  • Reply 26 of 31
    In Consumer Reports June Issue (which hit mailboxes this week)... the Apple Store was rated the best place to buy a cell phone and was the only outlet scoring highest marks in many categories. The stores deliver a customer experience unlike no other retailer - matching the best in class products Apple creates.
  • Reply 27 of 31
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    Quote:

Some perspective:

Amazon sales double in first quarter

Apr 22, 2010 ... Amazon, the world's largest online retailer, reported on Thursday that its first-quarter sales almost doubled, increasing 46 per cent ...

Quote:

perspective, indeed! You are comparing an online store that sells, well pretty much everything including Apple's products to Apple increasing sales and revenue with no no products since the previous year.

On top of that, it looks like you compared Amazon's online store to Apple's retail stores. How does that make sense? It might be best to stick with more accurate comparisons.

Listen up, everybody. If you haven't already figured it out it's time to add WilliamG to your ignore list. Nothing but a troll who showed up this month. Where do they come from anyway? He joined the forum on 04-14-2010 and already has 171 posts to his name. 171 posts in two weeks! All of them trolls, all with an anti-Apple bias and anti-Apple spin. He clearly has an obsession with Apple and its users. It doesn't take a genius to figure this one out.
  • Reply 28 of 31
    Taking lkrupp's sage advice...
  • Reply 29 of 31
    smiles77smiles77 Posts: 668member
    Quote:

Ditto.
  • Reply 30 of 31
    sflocalsflocal Posts: 6,123member
    Quote:

I'd say something about the trolls that have apparently taken over AI but I don't want to add to the infractions I received. Apparently genuine, contributing members voicing valid complaints get smacked on while the trolls (and their foolish posts) continue to stain the threads.

As much as I hate to use the ignore-list feature, I guess it's now a necessity due to the inaction of certain folks. What a shame.
  • Reply 31 of 31
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sflocal View Post

I'd say something about the trolls that have apparently taken over AI but I don't want to add to the infractions I received. Apparently genuine, contributing members voicing valid complaints get smacked on while the trolls (and their foolish posts) continue to stain the threads.

As much as I hate to use the ignore-list feature, I guess it's now a necessity due to the inaction of certain folks. What a shame.

It's been much better the last month or so. Even with the heated discussions over the G4 iPhone prototype. Mods are doing a good job and the forum has been a treat. Now if they just fix the forum DB issues.