Microsoft confirms Courier tablet, quashes hopes of shipping it

Comments

• Reply 41 of 100
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hypoluxa View Post

Oooh yes the MS Store! How is that venture going I wonder?

i would love to know how their stores are doing

guessing that they still produce bloated unusable virus prone software, they probably sell a lot of norton anti virus subscriptions
  • Reply 42 of 100
    macyeahmacyeah Posts: 13member
    It looks classic and traditional... You know..Like a book.

Now i'm done reading and writing so now i'm closing it...like a book..

*Turns on iPad....
  • Reply 43 of 100
    chronsterchronster Posts: 1,894member
    stupid bunch of idiots. I saw the demo but the obvious is what turned me off to it: THERE'S A THICK BLACK BAR IN THE MIDDLE! Who cares that you can fold it up?

I could see this concept being much better in a few years when we have bendable lcd screens.
  • Reply 44 of 100
    quadra 610quadra 610 Posts: 6,757member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Asherian View Post

http://research.microsoft.com

Sorry to burst everyone's bubble, but they do a lot of really cool stuff.

Awesome! I'm just gonna head right over to Best Buy and . . . oh wait.
  • Reply 45 of 100
  • Reply 46 of 100
    clemynxclemynx Posts: 1,552member
    Really, I'm stunned by the reactions to this article. I often find appleinsider's articles to be too fanboish, but now I tend to refrain more and more to read the comments that always seem childish and...fanboish. Most if not all of the gadget sites where hyperexcited by what this product could have been. I think it could have been awesome. How can you compare this to the iPad? As a creative tool it just looked so neat. Ok I dont know if MS would have been capable of building such a thing but the concept was really cool, and no matter what SJ says, there's an use for touch pen on tablets, and this was the perfect example. I regret I'll never be able to use one.
  • Reply 47 of 100
    rot'napplerot'napple Posts: 1,839member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hypoluxa View Post

Oooh yes the MS Store! How is that venture going I wonder?

Can't be that good if MS keeps nixing projects... Longhorn, Project Pink (for a while), Courier...
  • Reply 48 of 100
    Courier, the Longhorn of Tablets!
  • Reply 49 of 100
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ClemyNX View Post

. I think it could have been awesome. How can you compare this to the iPad?

One exists. The other does not.

Quote:

As a creative tool it just looked so neat. Ok I dont know if MS would have been capable of building such a thing but the concept was really cool, and no matter what SJ says, there's an use for touch pen on tablets, and this was the perfect example. I regret I'll never be able to use one.

Yeah, Microsoft makes some truly revolutionary videos. They've totally shaken up the CGI concept-video market.
  • Reply 50 of 100
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Quadra 610 View Post

Yeah, Microsoft does really nice videos.

And I thought I read where they use Macs making those videos...
  • Reply 51 of 100
    I don't see why someone can't say that Microsoft has cool ideas, cg or not. When Apple makes original patents that are shown on AI I'm sure you are the first to be excited and me too. I was just saying that I don't agree with people who say this concept sucked.
  • Reply 52 of 100
    This may have been said or may be obvious to everyone...they saw the iPad first generation and thought what they have is crap compared to it and basically shelved it! How's the MS store going...how about MS 'Live' or whatever that was?

• Reply 53 of 100
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rot'nApple View Post

Courier, the Longhorn of Tablets!

That's just mean, funny, but still mean!
  • Reply 54 of 100
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by christopher126 View Post

This may have been said or may be obvious to everyone...they saw the iPad first generation and thought what they have is crap compared to it and basically shelved it! How's the MS store going...how about MS 'Live' or whatever that was?

Again, I don't understand. What was crap in the videos?
  • Reply 55 of 100
    Quote:

Not talking about the videos....I'm suggesting MS looked at their prototype and compared it to the newly released iPad and immediately realized they were already 5 years behind and gave up!
  • Reply 56 of 100
    Quote:

They were *concept* videos. You can probably make one of a flying car or a submarine with a screen door and make it look good.
  • Reply 57 of 100
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by christopher126 View Post

Not talking about the videos....I'm suggesting MS looked at their prototype and compared it to the newly released iPad and immediately realized they were already 5 years behind and gave up!

Well that's possible. Still, I'm sad, I had promised to my girlfriend that I'd buy her one. She's an interior architect and this would have been so cool for her!
  • Reply 58 of 100
    Quote:

Well that's possible. Still, I'm sad, I had promised to my girlfriend that I'd buy her one. She's an interior architect and this would have been so cool for her!

You did what???
  • Reply 59 of 100
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Quadra 610 View Post

They were *concept* videos. You can probably make one of a flying car or a submarine with a screen door and make it look good.

thanks for the followup/emphasis...hope I can return the favor soon!
  • Reply 60 of 100
    Quote:

OK I don't want to sound snarky....but seriously get her an iPad and she will think you are a genius! Good luck!