Forklift 2 Public Beta available

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Brand new rewrite from the studs at Binary Nights. They claim it's 3x faster than another other File Transfer program out there. If you doubt ...download and see for yourself.

http://www.binarynights.com/blog/for...ment-beta.html

I'll probably upgrade my version. I like Forklifts blend of power without the feature creep.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,326moderator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hmurchison View Post

They claim it's 3x faster than another other File Transfer program out there. If you doubt ...download and see for yourself.

If you upload a movie file and max out your ISP upload rate then it's not possible to go any faster but they probably mean uploading a large batch of files and probably certain protocols. Typically batches have longer pauses than I'd like between starting the next file in the queue - it needs to be multi-threaded.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    pbpb Posts: 4,255member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

If you upload a movie file and max out your ISP upload rate then it's not possible to go any faster but they probably mean uploading a large batch of files and probably certain protocols.

Of course this cannot mean overcoming the ISP's limitations but the task handling.

Sadly, I own one Forklift licence and after the latest system updates it crashes everytime I try to start a connection. For now I switched to Fugu but I miss the more extended functionality of Forklift.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    pbpb Posts: 4,255member
    Is this going to be a Snow Leopard only application?