Damn you Oregon!

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Ok so you got Solomona and Ngata. We're still going to kick your fannies next year in Autzen.

You stinkin Beavs we haven't forgot about you either! Paybacks a mutha. You're day is coming.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 18
    g4dudeg4dude Posts: 1,016member
    [quote]Originally posted by hmurchison:

<strong>Ok so you got Solomona and Ngata. We're still going to kick your fannies next year in Autzen.

You stinkin Beavs we haven't forgot about you either! Paybacks a mutha. You're day is coming.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Beat us at the newly remodled Autzen Stadium, the best home field advantage in football, ya, ok. As for the Beavers, do whatever the hell you want to them. They don't deserve to even be mentioned in the same post as the ducks.
  • Reply 2 of 18
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    Harrington is gone. You have lost the equivalent of Marques Tuiososopo. Nothing will save you now. There is no way Fife or any other Oregon Rookie QB is going to let you guys challenge for the PAC10 Title. The Big Purple Machine is back. UW get's Roses in 2003! Count on it.

PS...agree about Beavs...filthy rodents.
  • Reply 3 of 18

<strong>Harrington is gone. You have lost the equivalent of Marques Tuiososopo. Nothing will save you now. There is no way Fife or any other Oregon Rookie QB is going to let you guys challenge for the PAC10 Title. The Big Purple Machine is back. UW get's Roses in 2003! Count on it.

PS...agree about Beavs...filthy rodents.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Ya, we are seriously lacking in the QB department, but I think we can still compete next year. We'll see what happens.
  • Reply 4 of 18
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    It all comes to a loss to a real team in bowls. Silly Pac-10 weaklings.

I think our recruiting class could beat UW.
  • Reply 5 of 18
    [quote]Originally posted by groverat:

<strong>It all comes to a loss to a real team in bowls. Silly Pac-10 weaklings.

I think our recruiting class could beat UW. </strong><hr></blockquote>

In the words of the great Ca$h, **** YOU, go suck a c**k you fag!!! What's with everyone always dissin' on the Pac-10? I think the Fiesta Bowl proved that we are the real thing

[ 02-06-2002: Message edited by: G4Dude ]</p>
  • Reply 6 of 18
    Calm yourself, pansy.

Oregon is my favorite team (outside of the mighty Longhorns, of course).

Notice the winking smiley.
  • Reply 7 of 18

<strong>Calm yourself, pansy.

Oregon is my favorite team (outside of the mighty Longhorns, of course).

Notice the winking smiley.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I'm just joking
  • Reply 8 of 18

<strong>Harrington is gone. You have lost the equivalent of Marques Tuiososopo. Nothing will save you now. There is no way Fife or any other Oregon Rookie QB is going to let you guys challenge for the PAC10 Title. The Big Purple Machine is back. UW get's Roses in 2003! Count on it. </strong><hr></blockquote>

I proclaim myself the biggest Duck fan on the AI Forums! Ha ha!!! You have no chance to survive make your time!

OK, back to reality. Remember, when UW lost Marques, they didn't drop off that much the next year because they had a good (young) QB to step in, and (much as I hate to admit it) they're well-coached. So it's impossible for a young QB to lead a team to the Pac10 crown? Your own young QB almost did it this year, with less receiving and RB talent than the Ducks have returning next year.

The Ducks have two really good young QBs to step in. Not sure whether it will be Fife or Clemens, but my money's on Fife. Word has it that last pre-season, many observers said Fife was at least as good in scrimmages as Harrington. The situation is similar to when Harrington took over for Feeley, with two really strong QBs, separated by not much. And Kellen Clemens is a young stud too, so who knows, he could pass Fife up.

And of course the DUcks are extremely well-coached, and know how to develop quarterbacks. When was the last time we didn't send our graduating QB to the NFL (aside from Danny O'Neil who had a religious calling instead)?

Lastly, I'll be the first to admit the Huskies should be early favorites to win the Pac10, but nothing's a given. I do think it's cool that the balance of power in the Pac has shifted North.
  • Reply 9 of 18
    Best sports-section headline ever:

UO women

rip Beavers

That actually was published once; either the Portland or Salem paper, I forget.
  • Reply 10 of 18

<strong>It all comes to a loss to a real team in bowls. Silly Pac-10 weaklings.

I think our recruiting class could beat UW. </strong><hr></blockquote>

Grove don't forget the 19 point lead we had on you in the 3rd qtr. We were a decent Cornerback from putting you guys away. Great comeback but I'm not fooled by Texas' Top Recruit rankings ...it's been like that for the last 4 years and you guys still haven't made it to the Big Game. Next time our teams meet they'll be no comebacks...we win outright.

Sizzle hehehe my post was calling YOU out in particular. I really like this battle between Neuheisel and Belloti. The Ducks finished strong with some nice pickups. My honest opinion is that our new QB Pickett did well and in many ways we were a much better passing team but with our new OL we struggle with the run this year(Hurst had no problems putting 150+ yards on the Mighty Longhorns though LOL). I think the thing that will determine how good Fife is will be his performance in the clutch. Marques was great at taking over the UW team and willing it to victory...Harrington had that same quality. Even if a QB throws a great pass they don't always have this talent(see Brock Huard). I wouldn't put the UW as the odds on favorite for the Pac10 title. Our Defense will need to play MUCH better than last year. I think our Offense will be great with a deeper more experience OL. If our Defense doesn't improve we're gonna have to win alot of shootouts.
  • Reply 11 of 18
    The Ducks got one more guy today, Albert Toeaina, today. Hooray!

I still prefer to call UW the favorites for next season. It could very well turn out that the four best teams in the Pac are in Oregon and Washington. Too bad for backwater little California. Maybe we should kick those lame Cali schools out and add Portland State, Western Washington U, and Montana State, and Idaho to the Pac!

Oh, wait a minute... Stanford beat my Ducks this year and cost them a shot at the title game. Nevermind.
  • Reply 12 of 18
    [quote]Originally posted by sizzle chest:

<strong>The Ducks got one more guy today, Albert Toeaina, today. Hooray!

I still prefer to call UW the favorites for next season. It could very well turn out that the four best teams in the Pac are in Oregon and Washington. Too bad for backwater little California. Maybe we should kick those lame Cali schools out and add Portland State, Western Washington U, and Montana State, and Idaho to the Pac!

Oh, wait a minute... Stanford beat my Ducks this year and cost them a shot at the title game. Nevermind.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Well Sizzle....Stanford is the exception because they're far enough north to not be considered SoCal LOL. Good pickup in Toeina. We've lost a couple to you and we owe you big.
  • Reply 13 of 18
    Man, this year we stole two biggies from UW and one or two more from OSU. Mission accomplished!

I read a really whiny, pissy interview with Squeaky Neuheisel online today, whining about underhanded recruiting tactics by UCLA and UO. Hilarious! That guy is one of the sneakiest recruiters west of the Missisippi. Isn't he the same guy who called all his ex-players when he left Colorado (against NCAA rules) and then the next year called a player during NCAA-mandated "quiet period" and then pretended not to know the rules? Poor Ricky.
  • Reply 14 of 18
    I like UWash as well. I greatly dislike Newheisel from his notorious BigXII days. He's a good coach, but so was Barry Switzer.

hmurch:

Hopefully the next time we meet is during the Fiesta.
  • Reply 15 of 18
    luckylucky Posts: 50member
    I was laughed at last year when I said WSU would become the sleeper hit of the PAC-10. I make the same prediction this year (although I dont know if it will truly count as a sleeper hit this time...)
  • Reply 16 of 18
    Sizzle- Neu should have kept quiet seeing as how we got an OL Stanley Daniels to change his commit to Nebraska in the 11th hours and recommit to the UW. Oregon is going to be a pain in our sides and the rest of the Pac10 Belottie runs a good program and HS kids are noticing.

Grove- OMG I saw the Facilities of Texas...your players live like GODS!! No Wonder you guys get Top 5 classes. The Longhorns committment to Elite Football is very evident. I loved playing you guys! Good luck and hopefully our teams will square off again. UT is a class act.

Lucky- Good call. Most pundits had WSU finishing near the bottom. But that's always dangerous with the Cougars as they add JC players where they need to and honestly Mike Price is a good judge of talent(I'm still miffed that the UW didn't offer Marcus Trufant..good DB's are hard to come by). Next year I expect WSU to challenge for a Pac10 title. And uggggghh we gotta play WSU on the road.
  • Reply 17 of 18
    It's times like this I wish I went to a school that had a football team. (granted, we have been "undefeated" for the last 20 or so years)
  • Reply 18 of 18
    WHAT??!!??!?!?

You have GOT to be kidding me!!!!!

After all of this discussion, after all of the controversy, after all of the hearbreak, all I can say is....

Oregon is STILL a STATE???

Silly leprechauns.

-------------

RosettaStoned