how to get audiobooks purchased from my iphone onto my ipod

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
bought a "refurbished" ipod nano (no camera)

purchased audiobooks from the itunes store with my iphone a month ago

they show in my audiobooks folder in itunes

they work fine on my iphone

can't get them to my ipod

i tried dragging from my itunes audiobook folder to my ipod folder ----nope

i tried dragging from itunes to desktop then to my ipod audiobook folder---nope

they are in mpeg-4 (protected) when i use "get info"

thanks for any help

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    nofeernofeer Posts: 2,427member
    using a flash drive transfered the books to my macbook

i can sync to those audiobooks

both macbooks are 10.4.11 and itunes 9

when i synced to my macbook the audio books transferred and are on the new nano

so what gives??

why not on my wifes' macbook

should i do a restore of the nano on my wifes macbooks?

i want to sync her nano to her macbook audiobooks

i'm also considering signing up for audible.com, they allow 3 devices
  • Reply 2 of 3
    well... as I understand it, an iPod can only be synced to a single iTunes file. You cant sync one iPod to both your MacBook AND your wife's MacBook.

Both computers can be synced to the same iTunes account... in which case you can share a common pool of purchases.

It SOUNDS like you are trying to sync the iPod on both computers, which will only work if they are accessing the SAME iunes data file (like if the iTunes data file were on a NAS device.)
  • Reply 3 of 3
    nofeernofeer Posts: 2,427member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by KingOfSomewhereHot View Post

well... as I understand it, an iPod can only be synced to a single iTunes file. You cant sync one iPod to both your MacBook AND your wife's MacBook.

Both computers can be synced to the same iTunes account... in which case you can share a common pool of purchases.

It SOUNDS like you are trying to sync the iPod on both computers, which will only work if they are accessing the SAME iunes data file (like if the iTunes data file were on a NAS device.)

well actually, i tried to sync her new nano to HER macbook, we share the itunes account

we can get music, video, photo's, but not audiobooks which were only on her macbook and itunes

with her iphone no problem, with her new nano, everything but audiobooks will sync, audiobooks doesn't even show up as an option to sync.

it won't even sync the book that i imported from a cd

that's so weird about this, now i transferred her audiobooks by flash drive to my macbook, now the nano has that option to sync audiobooks,

when i first hooked up her nano to her macbook and her itunes, i registered with our common itunes sign in, just like all our stuff. maybe i need to restore and start the process over again, maybe i did something wrong when i registered it when first connected to her mac and itunes.

thanks for the insight

i spoke with audible.com and they said their audio books can be put on up to 3 devices