And the award goes to:

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Apple Computer. Best unreleased product secrecy...ever.

Seriously, I have to hand it to them. Be honest, beyond a flat screen iMac....we have to admit that we really have almost ZERO freakin idea of what is coming....ZERO. This is not another thread to speculate on what the announcements will be....just a congratulations to Apple for maintaining this level of secrecy with all us. If they can hold off a bunch of rabid rumormongers who will forsake work, sleep and money to see what these products are....they can do anything. A thousand different web sites and organizations out there all willing to sell their souls to get the scoop....damn good job.

OOOOOHHHHH MY GOD.......HERE IT COMES......Exactly 20hours!!!!!!!

[ 01-06-2002: Message edited by: SDW2001 ]

[ 01-06-2002: Message edited by: SDW2001 ]</p>

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    logan calelogan cale Posts: 1,281member
    Nope, 19 hours, 56 minutes.

[EDIT: Ha. ]

[ 01-06-2002: Message edited by: MacAgent ]</p>
  • Reply 2 of 11
    It is a little odd, isn't it?

I like it.

I would so much rather not know and just be dazzled than find out ahead of time and catch myself comparing what we all already knew with the real thing and be dissapointed.
  • Reply 3 of 11
    We had no advance word on the iMac.
  • Reply 3 of 11
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    [quote]Originally posted by BerberCarpet:

<strong>It is a little odd, isn't it?

I like it.

I would so much rather not know and just be dazzled than find out ahead of time and catch myself comparing what we all already knew with the real thing and be dissapointed.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I love it too. I can't wait til I'm totally surprised tomorrow.
  • Reply 5 of 11
    The reason why there have been no leaked products points to the fact that there obviously are no new products.... Remember, this is Apple we are talking about
  • Reply 6 of 11
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    Yes its actually great. It has been a week of rumor squashing. Everything that have been presented for us has been been analyzed to death, something we have not been good at in the past. Its amazing and fun really not having a clue

Still a honorable mention goes to spymac for their hoax. It was really really good but it missed the target by 0,1%

[ 01-06-2002: Message edited by: Anders ]</p>
  • Reply 7 of 11
    icruiseicruise Posts: 127member
    It's a lot of fun, isn't it?

It's amazing that they can keep these things from leaking, since they have to have been gearing up for production in Taiwan for quite a while. I wonder how many people in the world (especially those outside of Apple) know the truth.

It's also amazing how many people get worked up over the product announcements of a computer company. I have trouble thinking of another company that could generate this kind of excitement.
  • Reply 8 of 11
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    When we're all wrong, despite the fact that we've guessed obvious stuff like a flat screen for the iMac and higher G4 speeds, will this mean the inevitable death of rumor sites? How much longer can these places keep it up when their lifeline has completely dried up?
  • Reply 9 of 11
    hahaha, every one is going to be so hyped, and I bet you 1000:1 that its going to be crap.

Or maybe Apple will pull it together for the first time since the iMac and show some REALLY cool stuff that will blow us away.

Probably not though.
  • Reply 10 of 11
    That's it.

Steve has absolutely nothing to report, and so the keynote will be 3 minutes long (just long enough to to a bake-off between an iBook and a BeAI handheld) and then leave.

The PR people at Apple are so stoked that they don't have to prepare much for the show that they are...

never mind.
  • Reply 11 of 11
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    I've officially booked the morning off of work to watch it live on TechTV. It better be damned good!

(I know it will be)

I'll be reloading the Apple Store and ordering ASAP.