AT&T sends out iPad 3G email leak acknowledgment

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 28
    masternavmasternav Posts: 442member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rot'nApple View Post

Well nowadays, it does seem to be the "popular thing to do" with regards to taking responsibility without taking responsibility and knowing where the true blame falls.

Obama and his fellow children in power have crafted the "Not Me!", "what we inherited" and "because of the Bush Administration" lines to an Art form, that makes me wonder when this kid will grow up and take responsibility for anything?! A poster found AT&T's actions 'disgusting' but to me, this incessant whining by those in Washington is truly quite disgusting!

Hey Obama, is it George Bush's fault for you spending more time on the 'Golf Course' VERSUS the Gulf Coast?!

kindly leave the political commentary off these threads.

Thanks!

• Reply 22 of 28
    spotonspoton Posts: 645member
    AT&T is out of touch with reality.

A simple automated web script is a hacker attack?

Jesus, one should be afraid keeping anything with AT&T.
  • Reply 23 of 28
    magic_almagic_al Posts: 325member
    They take privacy and the law seriously, unless it's a U.S. intelligence agency asking them to break the law because of "national security", in which case they'll go along and tell anyone who objects that they don't have to answer to anybody and should be immune from prosecution.
  • Reply 24 of 28
    rbonnerrbonner Posts: 635member
    The thing about an apology, they usually only make the person giving it feel better. What is it really worth? Can't really buy a coffee with it.
  • Reply 25 of 28
    shobizshobiz Posts: 207member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rbonner View Post

The thing about an apology, they usually only make the person giving it feel better. What is it really worth? Can't really buy a coffee with it.

Sad that an apology means nothing apparently to the receiver now days.
  • Reply 26 of 28
    rbonnerrbonner Posts: 635member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SHOBIZ View Post

Sad that an apology means nothing apparently to the receiver now days.

Yeah. I tend to believe the tongue on the shoes more than the mouth. I trust in what they do more than just a letter they pen. So on this one, AT&T, show me you care by taking an action.
  • Reply 27 of 28
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rbonner View Post

Yeah. I tend to believe the tongue on the shoes more than the mouth. I trust in what they do more than just a letter they pen. So on this one, AT&T, show me you care by taking an action.

What additional action(s) do you have in mind? And what if this issue came about in part because Apple required that the SIM S/N automatically populate the registered email addy? What would be required from Apple?
  • Reply 28 of 28
    Quote:

AT&T Breach May Be Worse Than Initially Thought

ChrisPaget writes:

"I'm somewhat of an authority on GSM security, having given presentations on it at Shmoocon (M4V) and CCC (I'm also scheduled to talk about GSM at this year's Defcon). This is my take on the iPad ICCID disclosure ? the short version is that (thanks to a bad decision by the US cell companies, not just AT&T) ICCIDs can be trivially converted to IMSIs, and the disclosure of IMSIs leads to some very severe consequences, such as name and phone number disclosure, global tower-level tracking, and making live interception a whole lot easier. My recommendation? AT&T has 114,000 SIM cards to replace and some nasty architectural problems to fix."

http://mobile.slashdot.org/story/10/...tially-Thought