WHOPPING!! 64 iPhone iOS 4 bugs patched, iPad S.O.L.

Posted:
in iPad edited January 2014
http://www.computerworld.com/s/artic...hone_patch_job

Yep, no patches until Fall. Hope you iPaddies like getting pwned. LOL!!!

Seems Apple is certainly outdoing itself and Microsoft in the vulnerability department.

Stay away from anything that Apple makes that faces the web or AT&T, cause they certainly ain't got their sh*t together.

From a lifelong MacHead, I thought I never see the day I would have to say: Apple Security = FAIL.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpotOn View Post

http://www.computerworld.com/s/artic...hone_patch_job

Yep, no patches until Fall. Hope you iPaddies like getting pwned. LOL!!!

Seems Apple is certainly outdoing itself and Microsoft in the vulnerability department.

Stay away from anything that Apple makes that faces the web or AT&T, cause they certainly ain't got their sh*t together.

From a lifelong MacHead, I thought I never see the day I would have to say: Apple Security = FAIL.

Yadda, yadda, yadda. Exactly how many businesses have been affected, how many people have lost data, money, productivity, due to this so-called "failure"? Wake me up when that happens.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    balsakbalsak Posts: 17member
    tontons right, the iPad is strictly consumer, security is an afterthought. Unless specific people report getting hacked, its not that big of a deal.

iPhone has a business side to it, Apples got it's priority in line.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    dr millmossdr millmoss Posts: 5,403member
    Hilarious. SpitOn declares APPLE=FAIL in every post.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    bbwibbwi Posts: 812member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Balsak View Post

tontons right, the iPad is strictly consumer, security is an afterthought. Unless specific people report getting hacked, its not that big of a deal.

Educate yourself. iPad is nowhere near a consumer device ONLY.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    balsakbalsak Posts: 17member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bbwi View Post

Educate yourself. iPad is nowhere near a consumer device ONLY.

Hahahaha how so? Corporations have just begun to trust iPhones recently, with the recent email fiasco nt business is guna support iPads, let alone the iPad has almost zero productively functionality. As lots of people say over and over is a device for ~Consuming~.

Education?? Notebook: $1.99, ipad: $499. I wander what poor teachers are going to pick. Besides ultra rich private schools no school is looking into iPads.

So tell me what other use besides consumers would a device so perfectly crafted for "consuming" be marketed towards??
  • Reply 6 of 8
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Balsak View Post

Hospitals will use it. Seems like an important place to have working devices.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    bbwibbwi Posts: 812member
    We already have several executives and directors using them. The problem is not finding a good use for them but rather finding them at all... they're sold out
  • Reply 8 of 8
    What patches are there that represent security flaws in the iPad?