Earnings Preview: Apple to surpass Microsoft in revenue this quarter

Comments

• Reply 41 of 90
    robin huberrobin huber Posts: 3,965member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleStud View Post

I have a real job at a real bank where i get paid to analyze companies, i don't need to freelance on apple fanboy sites.

If you are not familiar with Zaky's record of accuracy in regard to Apple your "real bank" should fire you.
  • Reply 42 of 90
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Zaky’s articles are my among my favourite on AI. What’s with all the asshats today?
  • Reply 43 of 90
    elrothelroth Posts: 1,201member
    Quote:

Who is this idiot writing these analyses? Anybody with an accounting 101 class under their belt could do this.

Yeah, but those charts sure look pretty on my new MacBook Pro...
  • Reply 44 of 90
    How much more clear can it be that "Antennagate" is a bug on the windshield of the Apple juggernaut.
  • Reply 45 of 90
    elrothelroth Posts: 1,201member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post

Since when does deserving have anything to do with a company's worth.

Not in the moral sense, but in whether its price to earnings ratio is too high. Since Apple's profits have been less than several other companies, does Apple's share price (and its market cap) "deserve" to be so high?
  • Reply 46 of 90
    shawnbshawnb Posts: 155member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by andyzaky View Post

Sorry I didn't choose to write a full 350 page dissertation. I didn't cherry pick which variables to use either. This article is one about revenue. Not about which company is more fundamentally sound, or more deserving of the largest market cap in the tech industry.

Correct. You wrote a seemingly in-depth article about revenue (specifically AAPL vs MSFT), in which you admit that revenue isolated is an irrelevant stat. So wouldn't that make this article, in all it's fluffy detail, rather pointless?

Yes, AAPL revenues will likely pass MSFT. That means NOTHING. My only point was that you could have used your space to discuss financial ratios that actually have *meaning* instead of using fluff to prop up a moot point.
  • Reply 47 of 90
    rbonnerrbonner Posts: 635member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

That's because you're ignorant, apparently. Try this thing called "Google." It's magical.

Probably better than being just plain rude.
  • Reply 48 of 90
    newbeenewbee Posts: 2,055member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Blackintosh View Post

I think you mean touched, as in touched in the head!

At least we know why there was no iPhone 4 recall. Steve Mobs doesn't want to be second banana to monkey boy so we have to keep the numbers up.

Too bad these figures don't include the iPhone 4 and iPad return rates. No one will ever see those. Apple wouldn't want freak out the fanboi community by reveiling how many people return the iPhone 4 that can't hold a call and the flashless iPad that can't render 75 percent of the Internet.

We must be drinking some columbian kool aid to believe Apple is beating Microsoft at anything.

A quick look at the last press conference and the latest quarterly report shows, beyond any doubt whatsoever, how dumb your post really is. The only positive thing about your post is that it shows you to be a good argument for birth control.
  • Reply 49 of 90
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by shawnb View Post

Correct. You wrote a seemingly in-depth article about revenue (specifically AAPL vs MSFT), in which you admit that revenue isolated is an irrelevant stat. So wouldn't that make this article, in all it's fluffy detail, rather pointless?

Yes, AAPL revenues will likely pass MSFT. That means NOTHING. My only point was that you could have used your space to discuss financial ratios that actually have *meaning* instead of using fluff to prop up a moot point.

"Objection: argumentative."

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot.
  • Reply 50 of 90
    rbonnerrbonner Posts: 635member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

That's because you're ignorant, apparently. Try this thing called "Google." It's magical.

So I googled this, and as it turns out, there is really only 1 person who thinks this, the author in several articles.

I liked the article, just question the doom and gloom portion of having Apple in the lead. I have tried to get support from Microsoft in the past, many times. Rarely was I able to get a question answered about hardware, or much less software. I love being able to call Apple and get my issues fixed.
  • Reply 51 of 90
    firefly7475firefly7475 Posts: 1,502member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by newbee View Post

A quick look at the last press conference and the latest quarterly report shows, beyond any doubt whatsoever, how dumb your post really is. The only positive thing about your post is that it shows you to be a good argument for birth control.

I know people can disagree with each other but you think his mother should have aborted him...? Really???
  • Reply 52 of 90
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Blackintosh View Post

I think you mean touched, as in touched in the head!

At least we know why there was no iPhone 4 recall. Steve Mobs doesn't want to be second banana to monkey boy so we have to keep the numbers up.

Too bad these figures don't include the iPhone 4 and iPad return rates. No one will ever see those. Apple wouldn't want freak out the fanboi community by reveiling how many people return the iPhone 4 that can't hold a call and the flashless iPad that can't render 75 percent of the Internet.

We must be drinking some columbian kool aid to believe Apple is beating Microsoft at anything.

Troll. You are relegated happily to under the ignore list bridge to grumble and sputter in obscurity - at least for this participant. Pity you cannot bring any real substance to these posts.
  • Reply 53 of 90
    Quote:

Who is this idiot writing these analyses? Anybody with an accounting 101 class under their belt could do this.

If, when you bring a critique of an article you presented something other than unvarnished and unsubstantiated personal opinion. After all isn't there a saying that says something about opinions being like some anatomical reference - everyone has one?

ENlighten us then with your examples.
  • Reply 54 of 90
    newbeenewbee Posts: 2,055member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Firefly7475 View Post

I know people can disagree with each other but you think his mother should have aborted him...? Really???

Me thinks you take things too literally ... really. .... btw birth control doesn't automatically mean abortion ... usually means preventing pregnancies in the first place, imo.
  • Reply 55 of 90
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cameronj View Post

Nit picking. The point is, you need to tone down the crazy rhetoric if you want to be taken seriously beyond the group of people whose hopes lie in AAPL going up.

There is far more vituperation and "crazy rhetoric" in the so-called professional punditry and finacial analyses (The Street comes to mind immediately) than Mr. Zaky has offered in that article. I understand that you may disagree with him, but present a coherent argument, not diatribe.
  • Reply 56 of 90
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by shawnb View Post

That's not what my readers think. This particular article has garnered my largest audience. It makes for a good story. You miss this point entirely. You also seem to miss the fact that I mention that I'll be taking up the issue of fundamental analysis in future articles. Moreover, you grossly underestimate the importance of revenue as a factor. its a big factor. For while a company, like Microsoft, may have high gross margins, another company can over take it in net profit and growth by posting far more revenue. Just let go of the banana man.
  • Reply 57 of 90
    shadashshadash Posts: 470member
    Sounds like you've got life all figured out.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by SendMe View Post

Me too. It is the single biggest source of pride in my life. Any time I'm feeling down, I just remember that I own an iPhone, and I become proud of myself again.

• Reply 58 of 90
    Quote:

I have a real job at a real bank where i get paid to analyze companies, i don't need to freelance on apple fanboy sites.

And I am the owner and CEO of a Fortune 50 company that audits banks (boy have we been busy lately!)

If you belong to any of the dozen or so bailed-out institutions, perhaps you need to bone up on your skills - you're obviously not pulling your weight.

/snark
  • Reply 59 of 90
    shadashshadash Posts: 470member
    Then I'll be first in line to ditch my crappy Cox DVR.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by addicted44 View Post

What happens when Apple releases the iOS based Apple TV?

• Reply 60 of 90
    firefly7475firefly7475 Posts: 1,502member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by newbee View Post

Me thinks you take things too literally ... really.

You're probably right. An aborted foetus can be pretty funny. Amiright! *high five*