Yoko Ono: 'Don't hold your breath' for Beatles on Apple's iTunes

123457»

Comments

• Reply 121 of 125
    justflybobjustflybob Posts: 1,337member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Feynman View Post

My thoughts exactly. Anyone who wants the Beatles already owns the Beatles. Any of the latest generation who wants the Beatles is not going to go out and buy their CDs. If they cannot find it on iTunes or any other digital download service, pray tell, how else will they get it?

That is probably why the digitally remastered CDs were priced in the $10-$14 range after the hype subsided. Some of the larger retailers themselves were doing what Yoko and Apple couldn't - making a price point enough to the iTunes "whole album" model that it really didn't matter.
  • Reply 122 of 125
    doc362doc362 Posts: 43member
    Who cares what Yoko thinks anyway? No one liked her then and no one likes her now. She also had nothing to do with the Beatles. Nothing creative or beneficial anyway. It would seem she has continued that role rather faithfully.

Personally, I could careless if they go digital or not. Every Beatles song ever made is already on the internet. The owners of the catalog are the only ones losing money on this decision.
  • Reply 123 of 125
    doc362doc362 Posts: 43member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Prof. Peabody View Post

This is nonsense.

I don't know how I became Yoko's defender here, but everything you say is false.

First off, your "heroes" (Lennon and yes, even MacCartney) thought Yoko was a great artist so how can you speak so highly of them and yet simultaneously think their opinions are worthless? Secondly, I'm a two time Art School graduate myself and was *in* Art School when Yoko was doing her conceptual art schtick, and you are completely wrong about how other artists thought of her. She was a well-respected conceptual artist with popular shows and a published author.

She didn't actually need the Beatles to be famous, she already was in her own right.

PS - "Everyman has a woman who loves him" (by Yoko) beats out half the junk on the white album by a country mile. Or, alternatively, if Yoko Ono's wailings are junk, then half the stuff on the white album is again, far worse, and less melodic junk.

I'd rather listen to a cat dying.
  • Reply 124 of 125
    john.bjohn.b Posts: 2,742member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cggr View Post

Spare me yours "dude".

Who cares what you thought?

Who cares what anyone else thought?

Who cares about your assessment of my (substantial) contribution to society.

Like I said - it will be a great day when she moves on. She sucked. She was a divisive, untalented waste of paper and digital print. Get a sense of humour - or go back to bible study.

F*&k off.

It was your sixth post here at AI.

You claim you deserve to have everyone cut you some slack, but we don't know anything about you except your sick post, and the subsequent tirades defending yourself.

Seriously, lose the self-righteousness. You deserve to be called out for your behavior. You crossed a line.

Don't try to ply the whole "Yoko sucks" approach to try to justify your actions. Pretty much everyone here but the professor agrees with that. It doesn't excuse the sick post you made earlier.

Whatever fantasy you have in your mind of what a good person you must be and what great contributions you imagine that you make to society, it isn't coming through in your posts.
  • Reply 125 of 125
    john.bjohn.b Posts: 2,742member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by macnyc View Post

He never said that he wished her dead. Don't put words in peoples mouths.

This is what he posted back in post #3 of this thread, in the thread title: "Where's Mark David Chapman when you need him..."