Mac Refresh trick.

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Die douchenozzle

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    mr. memr. me Posts: 3,221member
    Suffice it to say that this is someone's idea of a dirty trick disguised as a practical joke. The rm command removes files and directories. The OP is trying to trick novices into wiping their entire file systems.

The next time that someone posts such a helpful hint, please launch the Terminal and type man {command} at the command prompt for documentation of the command(s).
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mac user102 View Post

I recently purchased a Mac Pro. But was very disappointed when my Mac Pro started to slow down and lag. It would happen when opening email or iPhoto, the program would freeze for about 10-12 seconds with the spinning beach ball. I contacted Apple support via email and they returned with a lesser known trick below. It actually worked, and now iPhoto and other applications open instantly, I just do this every time I start using the computer. I even tried it on my Macbook Pro 13inch, and now programs open instantly vs taking 2-3 seconds, and I wanted to share it for other people to know. See if it helps you too.

Reported the post. Not funny or cool.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Next time call 1-800-APL-CARE