Apple's annual iPod event with iTV unveiling rumored for Sept. 7

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 24
    Guys this is so obvious -- the current ipod touch back to school promo ends Sept 7 of course they would announce the new ones at that point.
  • Reply 22 of 24
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by razorpit View Post

Don't worry it sounds like the setup will allow you to continue through life with blinders on. If you don't see it, it can't be real or happening right?

There isn't a whole lot of reality in the lies and fear mongering perpetuated by "opinions" of News Corp media entities. It is not unprecedented for technology companies to provide an option to block obscene or objectionable material -- you know, unhealthy values that I don't want my family exposed to.
  • Reply 23 of 24
    mcdavemcdave Posts: 1,927member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

A subscription plan could cut into the high retransmission rates that networks receive from cable operators, the report said.

So reduce revenue in one stream and increase it in another? These dinosaurs deserve to die!
  • Reply 24 of 24
    razorpitrazorpit Posts: 1,796member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by spoonyfork View Post

There isn't a whole lot of reality in the lies and fear mongering perpetuated by "opinions" of News Corp media entities. It is not unprecedented for technology companies to provide an option to block obscene or objectionable material -- you know, unhealthy values that I don't want my family exposed to.

There is programming from News Corp that offers news, and there is programming that offers opinion. If you can't tell the difference between the two I feel for you.

While I have found all news outlets to sometimes leave out facts or misreport stories, networks such as Fox News has had a better history than most getting the facts straight and reporting them. Thus their continued high viewership over the last 10 years. Whether or not you agree with the reported facts is up to you.

As for your comment on fear mongering I'm not even going to start down the path of "republican health care is to die quickly", "republicans want to take away your social security", "global warming is going to completely melt the polar caps in the next 10 years", etc.

Your solution to something you don't like or agree with is to censor it. The values in my family allow us to stay open to all news sources and make our own decisions from our own life experiences. I want my kids to see the stories from MSNBC and parent company GE when they spread fear of global warming, (while hiding the opportunities they have to profit from it). I want my children to see these tactics firsth-and so they know how to handle themselves someday when I'm dead and gone and someone comes up to them and says "Trust me, I know what's better for you than you do. Give me control and I'll show you."

So again I say you will have your opportunity to continue life with blinders on.