Alleged next-gen iPod touch front panel compared with iPhone 4

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 26
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cvaldes1831 View Post

I think AI got played.

The iPod touch touchscreens have always been the same size as the iPhone part.

Clearly not true. The iPod touch was always 5mm shorter.
  • Reply 22 of 26
    cvaldes1831cvaldes1831 Posts: 1,832member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

Clearly not true. The iPod touch was always 5mm shorter.

The screens have been the same size: 3.5" diagonal.

The iPod touch chassis has been about 5mm shorter. But that's not what I was talking about: the touchscreen. Clearly, you'll need to polish your reading comprehension if you want to keep up.

'Twas a nice try though.
  • Reply 23 of 26
    cnocbuicnocbui Posts: 3,613member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cvaldes1831 View Post

Nah, you're quoting Gizmodo from 2007.

Production run variations from the first-generation products, nothing more.

When you actually look at the physical parts on iFixit, they appear to be different, so I think you are incorrect.

http://www.ifixit.com/iPhone-Parts/i...play/IF142-001

http://www.ifixit.com/iPod-Parts/iPo...-LCD/IF176-000

http://www.ifixit.com/iPhone-Parts/i...play/IF137-001
  • Reply 24 of 26
    hirohiro Posts: 2,663member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by coolcat View Post

WTF is this? SPAM? C'mon AI, get this shit off your boards....

Dude, if it's spam why have you quoted it or posterity?
  • Reply 25 of 26
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by wizard69 View Post

I just have this idea that Apple wants to shrink the size of the Touch either as an additional model or as a replacement for the current model. Currently volumes are so high that there is very little economic advantage to using the same hardware on the Touch and iPhone. In fact Touch would be at a disadvantage if it went the all glass route.

Besides they need room for a mid range iPod/iPad Touch like device. Even if such a device doesn't debut next month they still need to prep for it.

Dave

Instead, I see Apple making the Nano larger with a touchscreen though not as large as the current Touch. Then come out with a Touch that is somewhat larger than the current model, something like 4.5" and you've got a good device to take on e-readers and any other devices that are smaller than the current iPad.

Really, there is a place in Apple's line-up for a device that is small enough to fit in an adult's pocket yet be large enough to serve as a handy computer for browsing, reading, media consumption, etc.

What is needed, though, is a device that would serve the youth market, hence take the Nano up a notch to fill that niche.

What doesn't make sense is something like a 7" iPad. Too large to fit in anyone's pocket but too small to provide a truly immersive browsing experience. The only downside with the current iPad is that it's a little heavy for a handheld device but I'm sure that each generation will take a little of that weight off.

It would certainly not come as a surprise if Apple on Sept. 1 introduced a larger touchscreen Nano and a larger Touch. To me that's the next logical move for the iPod family.
  • Reply 26 of 26
    I am curious, if there is a front camera, then there must be a MIC, otherwise what for the camera? Facetime with word type? Oh me, oh my. So if there is MIC on it, then it will be nice, cause you can just buy some gear from China (the shell for the mobile signal) , then you will got mobile network for your ipod, so the new cheap version iphone?