macbook Aluminum 13" was stolen- need to replace

oexoex
Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I'm a graphic designer, using Creative Suite 5. My 2 year old Macbook alum seemed to handle that fine. Wondering if I should save the money and just get the lower end Macbook Pro 13" rather than (what I usually do) buy the top end model. what do you guys think?

Looks like it uses the same 2.4 processor that I had... but with the added ram it should feel faster than my older one right? I know the 15 and 17" are much better processors but I just love the little size of the 13.

thanks so much for any advice!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,326moderator
    If you had the pre-unibody one then the new one has the same CPU but faster FSB and RAM, possibly faster hard drive too. I think the low-end one would be fine for most of the CS Suite. As always, go for a refurb when you can get one as they come with a full warranty:

http://store.apple.com/us/product/FC...co=MTgwOTc3Mjg
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by oex View Post

I'm a graphic designer, using Creative Suite 5. My 2 year old Macbook alum seemed to handle that fine. Wondering if I should save the money and just get the lower end Macbook Pro 13" rather than (what I usually do) buy the top end model. what do you guys think?

Looks like it uses the same 2.4 processor that I had... but with the added ram it should feel faster than my older one right? I know the 15 and 17" are much better processors but I just love the little size of the 13.

thanks so much for any advice!

I have heard from people that the 15 inch and 17 inch MBP with the new i processors are heating up to much and breaking down quite a bit. I own the lower end 13inch MBP the newest model and really think it is a fine laptop. Never a breakdown failure like the new i series. Good Luck in your purchase ga