Apple offers personalized support with Express Lane website

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 33
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Newtron View Post

I really hate it when companies put hurdles between you and tech support. Phone jail is bad enough. But having to jump through hoops just to get some online chat support? That sucks big time.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by BUSHMAN4 View Post

Let me start off by saying I'm not an APPLE fanboy. However Its nice to see Steve Jobs going back to the Old world customer Service which existed back in the 60's 70's & 80's.

Apple has gone the extra mile and ensured that not only will they stand behind their products but they will do so with Quality, Integrity, and speed. And they have also created new jobs in America with their Genius Bar rather than send the jobs overseas where the Amereicans can't even understand what they are saying.

Hopefully but doubtfully more companies will adopt this standard. At this point in time APPLE has the best Customer Service of any company in the WORLD regardless of category or product!!!!

Congratulations to Steve Jobs & Company

I used Express Lane this morning and I used the "call me now" feature. It worked great. The tech was courteous, knowledgeable, and we solved my problem in less that 5 minutes.
  • Reply 22 of 33
    Quote:

I really hate it when companies put hurdles between you and tech support. Phone jail is bad enough. But having to jump through hoops just to get some online chat support? That sucks big time.

I kind of agree. I know it is well intentioned, but my concern would be that you get locked into a loop or a track that just doesn't answer your needs. But, you are stuck in the equivalent of (as Newton says) "Phone jail"
  • Reply 23 of 33
    Quote:

This is what I would applaud:

Call tech support and have a competent person answer the phone.

I hate all the rigamarole.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/rigmarole - pretty much sums up your posts.

('Rigamarole' is right too, and means the same thing, in case you were wondering).
  • Reply 24 of 33
    Quote:

This is what I would applaud:

Call tech support and have a competent person answer the phone.

I hate all the rigamarole.

Personally I hate the phone and I know I'm not alone. The service from Apple I like best is the IM response thing. Problems can get solved immediately if you can have a reasonable fact-based back and forth with the helper.

What usually happens is they only provide a phone option (for problems with your account for instance), or they provide an email option, but that just gets you into that loop of re-typing the same story over and over again as the complaint gets bounced back and forth between various levels of helpers at the other end.
  • Reply 25 of 33
    foo2foo2 Posts: 1,077member
    From Apple's perspective, the iPhone 4 antenna will soon be a complete non-issue, because no support category exists for problems encountered using the iPhone 4 as a phone.
  • Reply 26 of 33
    way better than searching through their forums
  • Reply 27 of 33
    xsuxsu Posts: 401member
    Quote:

So you think it wouldn't suck when you get the "All service agent are busy helping other customers" message because they are answering questions that have been asked the umpteenth time, and make you either hold the line or sit by your computer. Then when you finally reach a live person, you are told whatever you had questions on is already answered in some FAQ or KB article that's on the Apple site somewhere.

You think that scenario doesn't suck, but diverting people with common and easy to solve issues to FAQ so they don't take up service rep time and also get their answer quicker, saving the service rep for more unique problems and faster response is something you consider "suck big time"?

You must live in some alternating universe where wasting time is considered beneficial.
  • Reply 28 of 33
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by xsu View Post

So you think it wouldn't suck when you get the "All service agent are busy helping other customers" message because they are answering questions that have been asked the umpteenth time, and make you either hold the line or sit by your computer. Then when you finally reach a live person, you are told whatever you had questions on is already answered in some FAQ or KB article that's on the Apple site somewhere.

You think that scenario doesn't suck, but diverting people with common and easy to solve issues to FAQ so they don't take up service rep time and also get their answer quicker, saving the service rep for more unique problems and faster response is something you consider "suck big time"?

You must live in some alternating universe where wasting time is considered beneficial.

I like it best when companies have tech support staff adequate to meet customer demand. That's one big reason I hate having to make Genius appointments - They should be waiting on customers, and not making customers wait for them.
  • Reply 29 of 33
    Quote:

I like it best when companies have tech support staff adequate to meet customer demand. That's one big reason I hate having to make Genius appointments - They should be waiting on customers, and not making customers wait for them.

Name one major company that does that. Oh, one that makes money too.

Good thing you are not running a business (let alone Apple).
  • Reply 30 of 33
    sheffsheff Posts: 1,407member
    Awesome. In my experience apple already has the best post sale customer support in the industry. Never had any issues getting support for my apple related problems.
  • Reply 31 of 33
    elrothelroth Posts: 1,201member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by techno View Post

I kind of agree. I know it is well intentioned, but my concern would be that you get locked into a loop or a track that just doesn't answer your needs. But, you are stuck in the equivalent of (as Newton says) "Phone jail"

Maybe you and Newtron should try using the service, instead of scaring yourself out of it. Take some initiative and actually test it out instead of crying about what it may or may not be.
  • Reply 32 of 33
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

Name one major company that does that. Oh, one that makes money too.

Good thing you are not running a business (let alone Apple).

Best Buy.
  • Reply 33 of 33
    help with itunes code