iPad sales to expand to all Best Buy U.S. stores Sept. 26

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 27
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

Please, FFS everyone please stop spreading this utter nonsense.

There is no slowdown, there is no need to "stave off" anything. iPad has reach supply-demand balance in ONLY THE FEW COUNTRIES IT HAS CURRENTLY LAUNCHED IN. The international rollout has not even really taken place in any fashion and demand is massive. There are no iPads officially available in many of the major or minor Mac and iPhone markets. There is no demand slowdown, there is no loss of momentum. If you truly want to understand what is going on with Apple products you must look at things globally.

It does amaze me that they still have not been able to launch it in all their international markets. The iPad continues to blow me away. From something that I though, meh, when I saw the keynote, to something I wanted when I first used one, to something that seems better every time I use it, this thing is going to keep rolling and rolling. Having had multiple people buy them after using mine, the more they sell, the more demand they will see.

I was skeptical after the keynote, but Apple really do seem to have hit the jackpot here.
  • Reply 22 of 27
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Newtron View Post

Does Best Buy do a credible job selling Macs?

YES I DO...we love selling Macs...they are an unbelievable part of our computer department

since getting the Apple Boutique I have expanded the department by twice it's size since February 1st...between expanded number of Mac sales and the iPad we are doing amazing

and to me if I had known what Best Buy does with the Black Tie Protection that I can't get from AppleCare...Accidental coverage is a godsend...as it is no one is allowed near my MacBook Pro...because if something happens to it...I am screwed...I don't worry much about the mechanics of the MacBook Pro but I do worry about other elements in the world destroying it and me having to pay to get it fixed isn't fun

Best Buy is a major player in the Apple scene...and before you all start attacking me for saying this...just think how different the Apple demographic would be if it were not for the Apple Boutiques in your local Best Buy...where you can see the difference hands on between a PC and a Mac...

some guy today was telling his friend about this monitor...but it was the iMac 27" and I corrected him that it wasn?t a monitor it was a computer...and he started looking for the Tower...and I said there wasn?t one...just one cable comes off the back to plug in the wall...and his mouth dropped to the floor and was so amazed...this is something that would not have happened if there wasn?t an Apple Boutique in my store

I love showing people the world of Apple...and watching them enjoy the turmoil over what they expected to want when they came in and what they really wanted now...that shinny new Mac
  • Reply 23 of 27
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Foo2 View Post

Nope, you are wrong. All of the new product introductions are in response to changing market conditions. Without external market forces, Apple had little motivation to make any changes.

Nah, Apple basically has no competition right now for the iPad.

For years, they have had practically zero competition in the PMP space. They dominate the MP3 player space. There is nothing that really competes with the iPod touch, not even Zune HD (which is marketed in one country and has minimal sales).

NasserAE's comments are particularly amusing as they illustrate the fact that Apple has taken a release schedule that is completely based on their own convenience and has nothing to do with market forces.

You still haven't figured it out, nor do I expect you to.
  • Reply 24 of 27
    Well done mate. Can you comment on iPad sales so far?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by now4real954 View Post

YES I DO...we love selling Macs...they are an unbelievable part of our computer department

since getting the Apple Boutique I have expanded the department by twice it's size since February 1st...between expanded number of Mac sales and the iPad we are doing amazing

and to me if I had known what Best Buy does with the Black Tie Protection that I can't get from AppleCare...Accidental coverage is a godsend...as it is no one is allowed near my MacBook Pro...because if something happens to it...I am screwed...I don't worry much about the mechanics of the MacBook Pro but I do worry about other elements in the world destroying it and me having to pay to get it fixed isn't fun

Best Buy is a major player in the Apple scene...and before you all start attacking me for saying this...just think how different the Apple demographic would be if it were not for the Apple Boutiques in your local Best Buy...where you can see the difference hands on between a PC and a Mac...

some guy today was telling his friend about this monitor...but it was the iMac 27" and I corrected him that it wasn’t a monitor it was a computer...and he started looking for the Tower...and I said there wasn’t one...just one cable comes off the back to plug in the wall...and his mouth dropped to the floor and was so amazed...this is something that would not have happened if there wasn’t an Apple Boutique in my store

I love showing people the world of Apple...and watching them enjoy the turmoil over what they expected to want when they came in and what they really wanted now...that shinny new Mac

• Reply 25 of 27
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by PaulMJohnson View Post

It does amaze me that they still have not been able to launch it in all their international markets.

Not only that. If you check iPad page at Apple you'll find the keyboard doesn't support as many language as iPhone or iPod Touch.

So... more countries Apple... more countries.
  • Reply 26 of 27
    Fry's Electronics started selling the iPad on Monday as well.
  • Reply 27 of 27
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cvaldes1831 View Post

Correct.

Apple's partners are manufacturing more, they are selling more, there are more points of distribution and the international rollout still isn't complete.

They will sell more iPads in the last three months of this year than the first three months of the product's availability.

The prediction is that they will sell more in the last 3 months of the year than the first 5 or maybe 6.