MacBook Replacement HDD

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
My HDD on my Macbook(2008) recently died, I plan on getting a replacement today however i do not have the disc that came with it when i originally bought it however i do have a Snow Leopard disc that bought and never used to update after i install the HDD could i just use the Snow Leopard disc to install the software?

ps : My warranty ran out some time ago.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by puzzlehead View Post

My HDD on my Macbook(2008) recently died, I plan on getting a replacement today however i do not have the disc that came with it when i originally bought it however i do have a Snow Leopard disc that bought and never used to update after i install the HDD could i just use the Snow Leopard disc to install the software?

Yes. The Snow Leopard disc does not require an extant system on the hard drive.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by puzzlehead View Post

No problem happened to me used the disc everything works just fine for me.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gerald apple View Post

No problem happened to me used the disc everything works just fine for me.

Yes problem happened to me tried to understand non-interpuncted gibberish.