Apple's iCal to get 'Year' view, Mail to get iTunes-like interface in Mac OS X Lion

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 54
    penchantedpenchanted Posts: 1,070member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

... I restarted, opened up TextEdit from /Applications to start over and everything but the last line I had written was saved. I had no idea that app auto saves. Pleasantly surprised, to say the least.

You can set this behavior in TextEdit preferences.
  • Reply 42 of 54
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by penchanted View Post

You can set this behavior in TextEdit preferences.

Nice! I hadn?t even thought to look there since I really just use it for quick and dirty typing.
  • Reply 43 of 54
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

Trash only shows up (bottom-right) when dragging a file.

The new 'dock' also shows any open apps. They dock cannot be adjusted, in any way.

I love the idea of a contextual trash can that's always where you expect it to be, but only visible when it's needed.

The Dock is an abomination that violates Apple's own human interface guidelines. Not being able to adjust it in any way would make it even worse.
  • Reply 44 of 54
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bregalad View Post

The Dock is an abomination that violates Apple's own human interface guidelines. Not being able to adjust it in any way would make it even worse.

It wouldn't be the same dock. It would just be a row of icons, like you find on an iPad. The difference being it only shows 3 icons by default. Finder for all your files, Launchpad for all your apps and Settings for your settings. And it shows any open apps, making switching between open apps one click.
  • Reply 45 of 54
    What you see in the illustration of Lion desktop may not be the dock at all -- it could be the task (active app) bar you see when you currently press Command-Tab.

The dock could be activated with another key, say the Command-tab that was used for the task bar

There are lots of ways they could go! I think they want to make the UI as simple and consistent across all Apple devices -- as their capabilities converge.

I'm all for that!

• Reply 46 of 54
    chris_cachris_ca Posts: 2,543member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ezduzit View Post

how about a one button approach for moving itunes libraries from one mac to another mac. no matter what, the current approach might be okay for some users but for other novices it's convoluted beyond words. and if anything can't be simplified, then easy simple words, in english, should be provided.

Copy /Music/iTunes/ folder from one computer to /Music/ on other computer.

The end.

No too difficult.
  • Reply 47 of 54
    chris_cachris_ca Posts: 2,543member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bettieblue View Post

I dont think that is Lion, just SL with the app store app.

Then why aren't the dots under the running applications?
  • Reply 48 of 54
    sheffsheff Posts: 1,407member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bigdaddyp View Post

Please Apple do not remove color from the buttons. Not everyone has a high res screen, or perfect isight*.

*Man this getting old thing sucks. First it was reading glasses and then afternoon naps, pretty soon I may have to Google Geritol to figure out what the hell that is.

I'm a color fanboy as well. I think that it was ok for iTunes or at least I could understand, but for the close buttons etc to be colorless means that I am not in an active window to me. I would not want that to change.
  • Reply 49 of 54
    aizmovaizmov Posts: 989member
    Why not just make them like the iPad?
  • Reply 50 of 54
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

Trash only shows up (bottom-right) when dragging a file.

The new 'dock' also shows any open apps. They dock cannot be adjusted, in any way.

i like that, i'd prefer if lion ends up in this way... this doesn't looks messed up at all...
  • Reply 51 of 54
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cutykamu View Post

i like that, i'd prefer if lion ends up in this way... this doesn't looks messed up at all...

I'm unsure if that was a jab at my crude mockup or if you were serious. At any rate, the mockup is just there to help aid explanation and is not to be taken literally.
  • Reply 52 of 54
    Just give me alarms on my birthday calendar, and sync my to dos on my devices.
  • Reply 53 of 54
    Forget about iCal, everybody! iCal is such a crappy calendar.

BusyCal is where calendaring on the Mac is at!!
  • Reply 54 of 54
    Once again we dive intoWOW Gold the world of Eorzea to learn more about the new crafting system. Unlike many MMORPGs, where crafts and collecting are part-time jobs, Square-Enix has taken these jobs in the mainstream, byBuy WOW Gold actually makiFFXIV Goldng playable classes. Let's see what they have in store forAion Leveling us with this new and somewhat controversial system. Previews By Thomas All Good on 12 July 2010 Once again we dive into the world of Eorzea to learn more aboutAion Gold the new crafting system.