iLife 11 trouble

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Guys, be careful with iLife 11, it is not ready for day to day usage!

Me and other users already encountered multiple annoying bugs:

- iPhoto doesn't import videos recorded with iPhone 3GS (MOV files!!), claiming it does not recognize the file format.

- iPhoto crashes arbitrarily when pressing the space-bar to play a video. Some videos play, other crash the app - all recorded from my iPhone.

- iPhoto crashes when trying to apply Themes to slideshows - any theme, any slideshow.

- iPhoto didn't import all slideshows from previous version - no idea where the missing slideshows are.

- iPhoto imported all photos into one folder!

- iPhoto goes into infinite loop when trying to update it's database (first launch after install).

- blurred images after update.*

- iPhoto asks to re-import entire library every time it is launches.

- iPhoto events containing iPhone videos are not shown in library.

- iPhoto events containing iPhone videos are shown but app freezes when double clicking the event containing them.

- iMovie crashed several times when trying to create thumbnails for videos.

- iMovie crashes when trying to import videos from iPhone 3GS (video recorded on the iPhone (iOS 4.1)).*

- iMovie re-creates thumbnails every time it is launched.

- entire suite is much slower than iLife 09, why?!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    I couldn't stand it, I downgraded to iLife09

iPhoto11 just doesn't work at all, it crashes on so many things it is barely usable. Shame on Apple for releasing such a piece of crap. I see many other people downgrading as well on the Apple official forums. What a disgrace...

My recommendation: stay away from iLife11!

• Reply 2 of 2
    Hhhmm, I was just about to upgrade. Are you both using OSX Snow Leopard?

Is this happening to everyone? Haven't experienced so much problems you mentioned from any Apple apps.