Apple adds calendars back to iPhone '11 in new 9.1 update

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 32
    and iPhoto still can't open my library. F*CK!!!!!!
  • Reply 22 of 32
    Thanks Bugs and NasserAe, I had never even noticed that button in the Mail window ... solves the problem. I've calmed down ...

But I still think that they should put this ability back within iPhoto.

At least they got it right on the iPhone.
  • Reply 23 of 32
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by NasserAE View Post

You can drag the photo/s to the Mail app icon in the dock and it will be emailed as an attachment.

Yes, but that doesn't allow you to easily resize all of the images in one process and that's just annoying. I would also like to see the copy/past option return to the image adjustments section, there's tons of dead space in that window. It is still there as a three-button key command, but you would never know it was available if you were a new comer to iPhoto. They also need to re-add the ability to jump back out of edit mode>photo>event>events using the escape key. All if these little changes and oversights are really starting to piss me off.
  • Reply 24 of 32
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by meeksdigital View Post

and iPhoto still can't open my library. F*CK!!!!!!

Yeah, mine seemed to be fine after the update, but as of this morning it's taking about 2-3 minutes to get up and running. I'm also seeing editing issues. If I make any changes to a photo and then try to move on to the next photo... game over. The whole program grinds to a halt and its time for Force Quit. Extremely... Lame. It's starting to feel as if iLife 11 was more of an unfinished "end of summer project" instead of a steady and well tested build.
  • Reply 25 of 32
    So NOW I can get iLife 11
  • Reply 26 of 32
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by magicpony View Post

They added more than new themes for letterpress cards in this update. They also increased the price by 10%. I had a letterpress card saved on my laptop and after the update it was $3.99 AUD. On my MacPro without the update it is still $3.63 AUD. I guess I'll order them from my MacPro.

True! I really wanted to order a Softbook, but they increased the price by almost 2 euro! They also increased the price of each single page... (sigh)
  • Reply 27 of 32
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by snapplez View Post

i got excited for a minute thinking this was a calendar view like photoshop elements used to have (does it still have this feature?).

the calendar (or date view) showed a monthly calendar with a thumbnail photo of a photo taken on that day in the day cell. it turns out to be a great way to navigate a photo library quickly (at least i thought so).

i miss it.

I'm using iPhoto 09 and it's excellent, but I too miss this feature.
  • Reply 28 of 32
    Anyone know of a method to tag descriptions to photos on import ? All I can see at the moment is the ability to give an event a title when importing from camera. Where's the lower window that allowed tagging ?

(Sorry if answer is obvious - had a long night).
  • Reply 29 of 32
    nasseraenasserae Posts: 3,167member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by NealofThelake View Post

Yes, but that doesn't allow you to easily resize all of the images in one process and that's just annoying. I would also like to see the copy/past option return to the image adjustments section, there's tons of dead space in that window. It is still there as a three-button key command, but you would never know it was available if you were a new comer to iPhoto. They also need to re-add the ability to jump back out of edit mode>photo>event>events using the escape key. All if these little changes and oversights are really starting to piss me off.

Actually drag and drop is a universal method of emailing and moving files in all OSs. Furthermore, the drag and drop method is much faster and efficient than the (choose photo -> click Email photo button -> choose the size from the popup window -> photos in email window). If you drag and drop (drag and drop -> choose the desired size from the email window itself). See, less steps. Beside, you can still use the old method and attach the picture file and change size except that with this you have to use a theme for the email body.

It will take some time to get used to things. I was pissed when Apple changed iMovie UI few years back but now I love it.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jackthemac View Post

Anyone know of a method to tag descriptions to photos on import ? All I can see at the moment is the ability to give an event a title when importing from camera. Where's the lower window that allowed tagging ?

(Sorry if answer is obvious - had a long night).

Everything is in the Info side bar now. Just click the "Info" button on the bottom right corner. Of course thats after you import.
  • Reply 30 of 32
    Quote:

Everything is in the Info side bar now. Just click the "Info" button on the bottom right corner. Of course thats after you import.

Am I alone in thinking this isn't as handy as the previous version ? The ability to input description when importing was useful.
  • Reply 31 of 32
    This roll-out of iPhoto '11, its import problems, and now an update to add a past (or normal) feature is so not up to Apple standards. This all feels like Microsoft of old. If Steve Jobs did know that the calendar was not in iPhoto 2011 or was not ready, then he must have been screaming at people to get the program out the door anyway. To add such a major feature later is just so lame. Then, all the import problems with loss of photos (or entire library in some cases) should be embarrassing to Apple and Steve. What went on that brought all this about? Even without the glitches, the idea of adding a main feature later, as an update is ridiculous. Since early news of problems, sluggishness, and lack of older features surface, I have refrained from buying iLife '11. A first for me.
  • Reply 32 of 32
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kab695 View Post

This roll-out of iPhoto '11, its import problems, and now an update to add a past (or normal) feature is so not up to Apple standards. This all feels like Microsoft of old. If Steve Jobs did know that the calendar was not in iPhoto 2011 or was not ready, then he must have been screaming at people to get the program out the door anyway. To add such a major feature later is just so lame. Then, all the import problems with loss of photos (or entire library in some cases) should be embarrassing to Apple and Steve. What went on that brought all this about? Even without the glitches, the idea of adding a main feature later, as an update is ridiculous. Since early news of problems, sluggishness, and lack of older features surface, I have refrained from buying iLife '11. A first for me.

Welcome to the iOS world.