Apple details iPhone alarm clock bug in support document

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 27
    mrtotesmrtotes Posts: 760member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Buck View Post

Or just set your alarm to an hour earlier/later?

Which requires users to read up and understand the problem beforehand - which isn't a solution. Just using non-repeating alarms is much easier.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by vandil View Post

Or just buy a $5-$10 alarm clock and use your iOS device for something more sophisticated.

Whilst I do have a £10 radio-updating alarm I don't see why it makes any sense for you to advise ppl to buy and alarm clock too. The iPhone alarms (when working:-)) offer a far more functionality thank any standalone alarm clock. Why don't I buy a newspaper, alarm clock, dumb phone and PSP and use my iPhone for something more sophisticated? :-/
  • Reply 22 of 27
    habihabi Posts: 317member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by saarek View Post

Would be nice if they just fixed it rather than giving people tips!

Wouldnt it be nice if they wouldnt FIX something that isnt BROKEN. DST transitions havent been an issue aslong as i had my 3G 1.x -> 3.1.3 Only now with 4.x both our family phones have this "feature". Out of curioisity how did this BUG appear since i cant see any UI changes or new features on the clock app?!??! Im puzzled...
  • Reply 23 of 27
    galleygalley Posts: 971member
    It's all Bush's fault. Seriously.
  • Reply 24 of 27
    I thought it was just me. I was noticing the problem only a few of the re-occuring alerms that were setup. For me at least, deleting alarm in question and recreating did the trick. Cheers!
  • Reply 25 of 27
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rorober View Post

Living in Kentucky and on EST time.

Me too and I'm in California. What a strange bug.
  • Reply 26 of 27
    ivan.rnn01ivan.rnn01 Posts: 1,822member
    Yep. Alas! Apparently, the QA people at Apple prefer trading top-secret stuff in local german beer gardens.
  • Reply 27 of 27
    To the person who suggested using a real alarm clock:

When I'm traveling, I use my phone as my alarm. Hotel alarm clocks are always different and sometimes confusing to set. I've had times where I find out after I've overslept that the volume is all the way down or it is tuned between stations (probably bumped by housekeeping).

Anyway, I'd never had a phone-alarm problem before. But today's the first day of this trip, and it went off early. It's bad enough that I'm two time zones earlier!

I did set the hotel clock, cycle the phone alarm off and on, and tried to go back to sleep. The phone did not go off at the proper time. I created a new alarm for a minute out that worked OK, so I've deleted and recreated my wake alarm. Here's hoping it works right tomorrow!