Mobile Me Problem

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I signed up for a mobile me trial and I enable mobile me syncing on my iMac, iPhone, my girlfriends macbook and iphone. Now the problem is my imac has her bookmarks and her macbook has mine. We also have each others mail accounts on our computers. How can we change this back the way it was so we don't have each others mail accounts and we each have our own bookmarks on our own computers?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    Manual delete or Time Machine restore. What, did you think MobileMe wasn't going to sync your stuff, given that's what it's designed to do?
  • Reply 2 of 6
    That seems strange. As far as I know mobileme is user specific. So on your iMac and iphone you just put in your info. For example on the iphone, you enable bookmarks mail calender ect . . . it shouldnt be connected to hers whatsoever. Same goes for your mac, dont put her username in anywhere. Even if you have a family account it doesnt matter is tall username based.

There should be a mobileme settings in the settings menu on your mac, pretty easy to find. I'm not on my mac right now or i would direct you to it.

Good luck.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lawyered View Post

That seems strange. As far as I know mobileme is user specific. So on your iMac and iphone you just put in your info. For example on the iphone, you enable bookmarks mail calender ect . . . it shouldnt be connected to hers whatsoever. Same goes for your mac, dont put her username in anywhere. Even if you have a family account it doesnt matter is tall username based.

Good luck.

No... It's not USERNAME based... it is MobileMe ID based (or iTunes ID or Apple ID if you prefer.)

To activate MobileMe syncing, you have to enter your MobileMe ID on each device (or in each user account on a computer) to get it started.

For he and his friend to have different "stuff" synced to their own devices, they'd need different user accounts on the computer AND different MobileMe accounts (at $99/year each.)
  • Reply 4 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by KingOfSomewhereHot View Post

No... It's not USERNAME based... it is MobileMe ID based (or iTunes ID or Apple ID if you prefer.)

To activate MobileMe syncing, you have to enter your MobileMe ID on each device (or in each user account on a computer) to get it started.

For he and his friend to have different "stuff" synced to their own devices, they'd need different user accounts on the computer AND different MobileMe accounts (at $99/year each.)

haha, well I assumed the term "username" and "MobileMe ID/ iTunes ID/ Apple ID" are synonymous.

My mistake i guess?
  • Reply 5 of 6
    mr. memr. me Posts: 3,221member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lawyered View Post

haha, well I assumed the term "username" and "MobileMe ID/ iTunes ID/ Apple ID" are synonymous.

You know what they say about assume?
  • Reply 6 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mr. Me View Post

You know what they say about assume?

It makes a Mobile out of Mr. and Me?