Piper: Expect iTunes cloud, not music subscriptions, from Apple

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 64
    celcocelco Posts: 211member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

Yeah something says that the Beatles are just not big enough I mean why the logo. At the same time I think if seb leaking info he's going to have a short career at the mothership....
  • Reply 62 of 64
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solsun View Post

I don't deny it's suffering, but you said it was "dead" not "dying." That's what i commented and disagreed on.. There are still billions of song sales being made, so no, it's not "dead."

Lady Gaga is still making money.

Suffering? More like a death rattle. The video game industry made triple that of the music giants in 2009. Moreover, the movie industry broke $10b domestic (US & Canada) in box office alone.

I suppose the housing market is just suffering a little bit as well?

In this day & age I can already stream nearly anything I want legally and for free.

Lady Gaga is by no means a measure of the whole. There will always be someone raking in cash, but these days artists make most of their money from touring. I would say, in the traditional sense, that yes it is dead.
  • Reply 63 of 64
    solsunsolsun Posts: 763member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by doc362 View Post

Suffering? More like a death rattle. The video game industry made triple that of the music giants in 2009. Moreover, the movie industry broke $10b domestic (US & Canada) in box office alone.

I suppose the housing market is just suffering a little bit as well?

In this day & age I can already stream nearly anything I want legally and for free.

Lady Gaga is by no means a measure of the whole. There will always be someone raking in cash, but these days artists make most of their money from touring. I would say, in the traditional sense, that yes it is dead.

...and just like i did earlier in the thread, i would say that you're wrong... When something is "dead" it no longer exists, and the fact that iTunes has sold billions and billions of songs in the past few years proves that the music business still exists.. Suffering, yes, in decline, yes.. Dead, no.

EDIT. ....and i never said suffering a "little bit," as in your above housing example trying to undermine or disprove my statement. I said "suffering," and yes, "suffering" is an accurate description. The industry is suffering...
  • Reply 64 of 64
    I was expecting much better work from Apple web designers. The slogan read ``come tomorrow' ' just a second before 16:00 Paris time.

Oh, well, that iPhone alarm... We all know...