34% of non-AT&T smartphone buyers wish they could buy Apple's iPhone

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 55
    piotpiot Posts: 1,346member
    " A new survey has found that more than a third of U.S. smartphone buyers on carriers other than AT&T"

So.... does anyone know what percentage of US customers "carriers other than AT&T" represents?
  • Reply 42 of 55
    When you think about it, a third who would prefer the iPhone means that 2/3 are happy with what they have. A year or more ago, it would have been reversed. Now, with Android taking the smartphone world by storm, people care less about iPhone than ever.
  • Reply 43 of 55
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rot'nApple View Post

So if 34% would have bought an iPhone vs what they have, which is more than likely an Android OS type device, could we just do the quick math and multiply by 34% how many Android phones have been sold to date in favor to Apple's iPhone. Once that is done, would that change who the leader is regarding actual phone sales above Android? Noticed I said 'actual phone sales'... none of this BOGO crap to boost units released out in the wild! Hmmmmm...

Keep in mind that the vast majority of Apple's iP4 purchases are upgrades, not new activations.
  • Reply 44 of 55
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post

It's always amusing to watch you shamelessly sling bullshit.

They probably work for Verizon.
  • Reply 45 of 55
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by duaneu2 View Post

That's 100.8%...

Now, be nice. Don't challenge them with facts!
  • Reply 46 of 55
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by stevetim View Post

bull

if they want an iphone they would just change their carrier. All carriers are equally crappy.

That's easy for you to say. It's ethnocentric! I've wanted an iPhone ever since they came out, but AT&T DOES NOT service my area because it's too rural for them to care. Verizon OTOH does have excellent service in my area. This is MY various reasons.

When the iPhone comes to Verizon, me and my whole family will be first in line!! And if your meaning of crappy means reliability, I have to defend Verizon because, in my rural area, they are the MOST reliable. I would agree, that all US carriers are crappy money grubbing capitalist, and Verizon tops that list. But Verizon is the "cream of the crap" here in cow country.
  • Reply 47 of 55
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iMeMine View Post

99.9% of iPhone owners wish that they could escape AT&T (the other 0.9% have jailbroken iphones).

There are three kinds of people in the world. Those who can do math and those who can't.
  • Reply 48 of 55
    piotpiot Posts: 1,346member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jayhammy View Post

Keep in mind that the vast majority of Apple's iP4 purchases are upgrades, not new activations.

Keep in mind that the vast majority of cell phone purchases are upgrades, not new activations.
  • Reply 49 of 55
    Quote:

When you think about it, a third who would prefer the iPhone means that 2/3 are happy with what they have. A year or more ago, it would have been reversed. Now, with Android taking the smartphone world by storm, people care less about iPhone than ever.

People prefer Android 2 to 1.

Not.
  • Reply 50 of 55
    asdasdasdasd Posts: 5,686member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bill-G View Post

People prefer Android 2 to 1.

Not.

where did you get that?
  • Reply 51 of 55
    The iPhone is cool but the old Treo 650 keeps on tickin'.
  • Reply 52 of 55
    Switching from a non-smart phone (Motorola Razr) to iPhone 4 is an easy choice for me. But I am very disappointed with its Bluetooth functionalities. Granted, I love the apps and the retina display, but I can't make quality phone calls without Bluetooth voice degradation.

I waited for iOS 4.0.1, and iOS 4.1, and Bluetooth still stinks after 4.1. Hard reset/restore doesn't help. And Genius bar doesn't think it is a hardware issue, so won't warrant a replacement. So yes, I am fed up with Apple support. They get 1 star out of 5 from me.

Once my AT&T contract is up, my next phone won't be iPhone 5. Instead, Android or WM7 will be my choice.
  • Reply 53 of 55
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by asdasd View Post

where did you get that?

The same place he got the 'Not.', I expect.
  • Reply 54 of 55
    Quote:

I wouldn't say that they "care less" about the iPhome. In the 2 years the iPhone had to itself, you didn't have much choice in a smartphone. Now that Android and WP7 are out, people have more choices to consider. If there's a feature they really want that the iPhone doesn't offer then they're likely to gravitate to Android or WP7. Whereas earlier they probably would have just gotten the iPhone.
  • Reply 55 of 55
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,598member
    Quote:

You're misinterpreting the numbers. If you looked at the chart, it shows that 34% would have bought the iPhone if offered, but it also shows only 46% saying that they would have bought the one they have, not 66%. Of course, if someone bought a different phone, it doesn't mean that they would then be happy with that. But if it were an iPhone, the chance would be much greater.

The results of this survey are similar to others, so it's nothing new.