Apple's Steve Jobs named MarketWatch 'CEO of the Decade'

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 35
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ascii View Post

I think it's good when people like Steve get a bit of recognition. Too often such people are jeered at all their lives, and it's only after they're gone that people realise how great they were. 3 cheers for Steve Jobs.

A bit of recognition? Don't get me wrong, I think Uncle Steve deserves it, but it's not like he's been the subject of a kudos shortage over the last ten years. He's been named to so many of these top CEO lists recently, it's become almost pro forma.
  • Reply 22 of 35
    daveswdavesw Posts: 406member
    insult removed
  • Reply 23 of 35
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,727member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dr Millmoss View Post

A bit of recognition? Don't get me wrong, I think Uncle Steve deserves it, but it's not like he's been the subject of a kudos shortage over the last ten years. He's been named to so many of these top CEO lists recently, it's become almost pro forma.

Time for a Nobel of some kind if you ask me.
  • Reply 24 of 35
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dr Millmoss View Post

But it's sweet that he's been plucked from obscurity to enjoy a rare moment in the sun. Until now, most people had probably never heard of the guy.
  • Reply 25 of 35
    Did any of you catch this in the article:

Adds Enderle: “He is not somebody [who] any one of us would want watching our kids, but, in terms of running the company, he’s excellent.”

WTF?
  • Reply 26 of 35
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleZilla View Post

Adds Enderle: ?He is not somebody [who] any one of us would want watching our kids, but, in terms of running the company, he?s excellent.?

WTF?

Good old Rob, just a pathological dick.
  • Reply 27 of 35
    ssquirrelssquirrel Posts: 1,196member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by davesw View Post

Wow you're an id%^&t.

Ok WTF? I was asked how I could be objectivewhen I don't own any Apple products or stock. To be objective I can't have my opinion colored. If I used a MBP, had an iPhone, an iPod and a mess of Apple stock, I would hardly be an objective outside observer. So how exactly am I an idiot for pointing out twice now that my original statement was made w/no influence on it?

The only thing that makes me an idiot is responding to 2 morons as far as I can tell.
  • Reply 28 of 35
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Pennywse View Post

What SJ did with Apple in just over 10 years is nothing short of amazing. The wild part is the direction of the company was, pretty much all Steve's vision. Not only did he take a company that was just about bust and turn it into the 2nd most valuable company on the planet, but there is still more to come. Not sure of many companies out there, right now, bring so much excitement (and hatred) when a new or upgraded product is sniffed by the public.

I am curious as to how all the Apple and SJ haters will respond to this announcement. Even if you hate the man and the company, I'm not sure how someone doesn't recognize just how brilliant he handled Apple's comeback.

The numbers don't lie...... you have to admire him as a business man. Personally I think he has great vision and obviously is a highly driven individual. Everyone has their downsides but Steve's upsides seem to far out balance those from the perspective of Apple customers.
  • Reply 29 of 35
    onhkaonhka Posts: 1,025member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleZilla View Post

Adds Enderle: ?He is not somebody [who] any one of us would want watching our kids, but, in terms of running the company, he?s excellent.?

WTF?

Unfortunately I did.

I really have to wonder why anybody would make such an accusatory remark.

I think that he should be sued for slander.

I for one wouldn't hesitate to have Steve watching my kid. Certainly a better choice than someone that doesn't let his kids have an iPod, let alone any other Apple products in his home.*

* http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,504104,00.html
  • Reply 30 of 35
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Onhka View Post

Unfortunately I did.

I really have to wonder why anybody would make such an accusatory remark.

I think that he should be sued for slander.

I for one wouldn't hesitate to have Steve watching my kid. Certainly a better choice than someone that doesn't let his kids have an iPod, let alone any other Apple products in his home.*

* http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,504104,00.html

The only problem being, of course, that when you get them back they're all wearing black turtlenecks and shaking their heads sadly at your lack of taste.
  • Reply 31 of 35
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by addabox View Post

But it's sweet that he's been plucked from obscurity to enjoy a rare moment in the sun. Until now, most people had probably never heard of the guy.

Never heard of who?
  • Reply 32 of 35
    iliveriliver Posts: 299member
    On another note, despite having introduced the iPad this year, SJ failed to win the 2010 Fortune Businessperson of the Year Award- that went to Reed Hastings of Netflix.

http://macdailynews.com/index.php/we...omments/27525/

Where is that headline?
  • Reply 33 of 35
    Historically, companies with rock star CEO's typically don't survive the departure of said CEO. Apple itself is a example - the dark ages that almost lead to the Apple's downfall before SJ got back in the saddle.
  • Reply 34 of 35
    ssquirrelssquirrel Posts: 1,196member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iLiver View Post

On another note, despite having introduced the iPad this year, SJ failed to win the 2010 Fortune Businessperson of the Year Award- that went to Reed Hastings of Netflix.

http://macdailynews.com/index.php/we...omments/27525/

Where is that headline?

They introduced the iPad but also had Antennagate to deal with. Apple has continued a solid upward trend. Netflix has finally branched streaming into Canada and made some major content deals. You'll also note that the CEO of Ford also beat Steve, but Ford has been on quit a roll and that isn't surprising to me.
  • Reply 35 of 35
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by addabox View Post

The only problem being, of course, that when you get them back they're all wearing black turtlenecks and shaking their heads sadly at your lack of taste.

Would you prefer teenage girls wearing thong underwear exposed above their waistband and boys wearing their pants with their crotch between their knees (not to mention the Thunderdome piercings, tattoos and peacock heads?)

WTG Steve!