Find My iPhone

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
I recently started using Find My iPhone on my iPhone4. It's a great service and I appreciate it. My wife uses an iPhone3GS iOS4 but we can't get the Find My iPhone feature working on her phone. Does it work only with iPhone4 and not the 3GS?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    Works just fine on a 3GS.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by KingOfSomewhereHot View Post

Works just fine on a 3GS.

The message I get when trying to set up the 3GS is "Device Not supported" - This device is not qualified for the free MobileMe service"
  • Reply 3 of 5
    hmm... dunno what to tell you there...

I've had a paid subscription to MobileMe for years, so I don't really know what you miss out on with the "free" service. Not to mention that service may be different here (USA) than in NZ.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RogerC View Post

The message I get when trying to set up the 3GS is "Device Not supported" - This device is not qualified for the free MobileMe service"

Go to an Apple Store, log in on one of the new devices with your Apple ID in Find My iPhone (obviously log out before you leave), and then it'll work.

You can't start on an old device.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by juliadesusa View Post

Find my Iphon is the great functionality which is now,But the sefrvice is only avilable in Iphone4,Ipad and the current 4th generation only,But in #G you cant get the service,But you have make it by the paid service in 3G.For that you have to subscribe in Mobile me.

Aside from you being a spammer, that's completely wrong. Enable on a current device and it will be free on all pre-current devices you own thereafter.