macbook pro slowing down?

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
So my macbook pro was bought last year in the beginning of the fall semester. And just a few days ago I installed Snow Leopard into it (cuz when i bought it it was just leopard). and now it seems like whenever I play sc2 it appears to have a periodic split second lag every now and then...

well putting the gaming aside, is there a way to speed up the processing speed of macbook pro? like a mac version of system defrag or something?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    Hard to know based on your description of the issue, but I'm guessing that you're overheating your video card playing the game, especially if this is the only time you see the lag.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Open up Activity Monitor and select the "System Memory" tab at the bottom. What are the statistics listed there? Particularly, your Page ins and Page outs.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    brucepbrucep Posts: 2,823member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by pengachu View Post

So my macbook pro was bought last year in the beginning of the fall semester. And just a few days ago I installed Snow Leopard into it (cuz when i bought it it was just leopard). and now it seems like whenever I play sc2 it appears to have a periodic split second lag every now and then...

well putting the gaming aside, is there a way to speed up the processing speed of macbook pro? like a mac version of system defrag or something?

GO TO UTIITIES FOLDER

FINF DISC REPAIR FOLDER

OPEN FOLDER

CLICK REPAIR

FIX YOUR PERMISSIONS

DUDE

all should be fine after that