Samsung Galaxy Tab has 16% return rate, Apple's iPad just 2%

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 64
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by chronster View Post

Samsung and all other companies shouldn't even try. Everyone knows competition is BAD. I applaud everyone here for bashing a device they don't even own

Everyone knows competition is GOOD! Look what competition has done to the PC industry: drive profit margins and quality down as companies like Dell, HP, Gateway, Acer race to the bottom of the market in order to win marketshare. Watch as competition has sent manufacturing to the lowest bidder, cut corners to save a penny (oh, HP, will you sell us a printer with a full ink cartridge?), reduced warranties to 90 days, and sent tech support to India so you can have Sanjay read "have you tried pressing control alt delete?" from a script.

I scold everyone for bashing a device from a multinational conglomerate that is a world leader in everything except computers.
  • Reply 62 of 64
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

Everyone knows competition is GOOD! Look what competition has done to the PC industry: drive profit margins and quality down as companies like Dell, HP, Gateway, Acer race to the bottom of the market in order to win marketshare. Watch as competition has sent manufacturing to the lowest bidder, cut corners to save a penny (oh, HP, will you sell us a printer with a full ink cartridge?), reduced warranties to 90 days, and sent tech support to India so you can have Sanjay read "have you tried pressing control alt delete?" from a script.

I scold everyone for bashing a device from a multinational conglomerate that is a world leader in everything except computers.

amen!

and nobody needs to bash it, numbers speak for themselves... plus this is an Apple forum, nothing wrong with some rooting for the home team. I personally did try it and thought it was crap
  • Reply 63 of 64
    chronsterchronster Posts: 1,894member
    Well well, turns out the Galaxy Tab's return rate is ACTUALLY at around 2%, same as the iPad...

Will we see any follow up from AI? I think not...

IN FACT, if they had the correct data to begin with, they never would have even written an article.

AI = Fox News of Apple related news.
  • Reply 64 of 64
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by chronster View Post

Well well, turns out the Galaxy Tab's return rate is ACTUALLY at around 2%, same as the iPad...

Will we see any follow up from AI? I think not...

IN FACT, if they had the correct data to begin with, they never would have even written an article.

AI = Fox News of Apple related news.

The original article was based on a faulty transcript appearing in the WSJ, which substituted "small" for "smooth" (whatever that means), and which was broadly reported. AI updated that article to include the new information.

The 2% return rate is simply what Samsung is now saying. The original 16% return rate was from a report by ITG Investment Research based on tracking return rates at 6000 wireless stores. A few but not many tech sites have reported Samsung's counter numbers, possibly because Samsung hasn't provided any further information regarding methodology.

People sometimes act as if AI stories that include information that displeases them are just made up out of whole cloth, even when such stories are being widely reported and are based actual events or numbers. They then conclude that this is further evidence that the reporting at this site is typically scurrilous or sensationalistic. In this case, at least, AI is no more those things than dozens of other newspaper and tech sites.