Internet connection sharing on Mac Mini

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Internet Sharing issue on Mac OSX 10.6.5. It's a kind of "ghost" issue - sometime I do have it, sometimes - don't. I want to share my Internet connection wirelessly in my home. Here is what I do - Preferences --> Sharing --> Internet Sharing --> Share your connection from: --> VPN --> To computers using: AirPort and then I set 128 encryption for this wifi network I'd created. Once it's set everything works smoothly but sometimes during some of the next Mac Mini restarts I lost this setting and so I need to set it over again :-) There is no any pattern which I could define so far, it's a kind of mystery. Have you ever encountered something like this on your Mac?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    kalikali Posts: 634member
    Yes, I confirm what you experienced. I also noticed some random glitches, hard to reproduce in a systematic way, and not just with internet sharing.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kali View Post

Yes, I confirm what you experienced. I also noticed some random glitches, hard to reproduce in a systematic way, and not just with internet sharing.

Hopefully it will be silently addressed in a future OSX update, although I'm having this hope for a quite a while now :-)