Elizabeth Smart kidnapping

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I'm wondering. Would this case receive as much National attention if the parents weren't affluent?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    I don't know about it. There are two poor black girls missing from Chicago. I was on our news for weeks and weeks. I think they were even on Americas Most Wanted. So .... your attempt at class warfare has failed IMO.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    [quote]Originally posted by scott_h_phd:

<strong>I don't know about it. There are two poor black girls missing from Chicago. I was on our news for weeks and weeks. I think they were even on Americas Most Wanted. So .... your attempt at class warfare has failed IMO.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Ahh alas you've succeeded in showing you can be an Ass.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    scott_h_phdscott_h_phd Posts: 448member
    [quote]Originally posted by hmurchison:

<strong>

Ahh alas you've succeeded in showing you can be an Ass.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Huh? Hey! Get to work finding these girls. They lived about 4 miles north of me. I remember the day I was driving up LSD and the cops were searching the lake front for them.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    I hope they find all of these girls. I'm not trying to start a Class Warfare.

There has been alot of strange abductions lately. Bad enought dealing with potential terrorists here let alone the freakin' nuts trying to snatch children.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    I think it's receiving national attention because the community is so shielded from reality, it hurts. Like...other little kids in the being scared to come out of their bedrooms...entire families having nervous breakdowns...people now thinking about locking their front doors and windows...

Heh.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    falconfalcon Posts: 458member
    I think its recieve national attention for exactly the opposite reason. Its some highly rich and affluent couple, just had the unthinkable happen to them. Their happy little shielded world has been shattered and we being the voyueristic society that we are want to know how the story ends. Though maybe it will do some good. Also its heartbreaking so see what the parents are going through. The father was recently hospitalized after he collapsed of exhaustion.

Plus the plot keeps getting thicker. A tip lead Searchers in the Utah foothill to a man who they inteviewed about the girl. He ran off, and started shooting at them with some sort of pistol or rifle.