AT&T reportedly shipping iPad 2 with delivery as early as Monday

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 29
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tommyhart View Post

I dont understand why companies can charge for tethering when we already pay for the 3G connection with out phone. The way I see it we are paying in full for a 3G connection 24/7 with our monthly bill. Weather I use that connection on my phone or another device does not matter. It is still one 3G connection.

Has anyone tried to challenge the charge in court?

Read your contract. It clearly states that the data is to be used for the device, and not to be used for any and all devices you wish to connect to it. If you got your way and unlimited data could be used to connect to an unlimited number of PCs running up terabytes of usage per month then the price of the unlimited data would skyrocket to account for that. Don?t even try to compare the cost of a broadband cable connection to the cost of cellular broadband.
  • Reply 22 of 29
    easyeeasye Posts: 20member
    Exactly. Charging for tethering is ridiculous, especially with what many of us already pay, and have paid, to AT&T for many years through all the shitty service. But, the real issue isn't really the money as much as the fact that all our new ipads will add some serious stress to the networks. I know I personally will probably consume on my new ipad 75% of the online media I would have consumed with my mbp. What the added cost is trying to do is get us to consume that online media over anything other than 3G. Alas, I don't think there are any laws that can really be applied here--unless you break them by jail-breaking ;-)

That said, AT&T needs to get ready for the reality that as the post-pc market develops, it will bring a veritable tsunami of once-wifi activity to their 3G network. After all, true mobility is the reason the ipad can replace the laptop.
  • Reply 23 of 29
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tommyhart View Post

I dont understand why companies can charge for tethering when we already pay for the 3G connection with out phone. The way I see it we are paying in full for a 3G connection 24/7 with our monthly bill. Weather I use that connection on my phone or another device does not matter. It is still one 3G connection.

Has anyone tried to challenge the charge in court?

This is 100% consumer's fault. If idiots out there weren't willing to pay for tethering to their device, then companies wouldn't charge for it. Same issue with Texting on phones...
  • Reply 24 of 29
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by euler View Post

Would 2-day delivery mean Monday? Seems like Tuesday at the earliest.

I dont think FedEx delivers on mondays anyways and apple usually ships fedex. Not sure what AT&T uses.
  • Reply 25 of 29
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lawyered View Post

I dont think FedEx delivers on mondays anyways and apple usually ships fedex. Not sure what AT&T uses.

Fedex delivers on mondays
  • Reply 26 of 29
    Quote:

Why would FEDEX not deliver on Mondays??
  • Reply 27 of 29
    guysguys Posts: 1member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Postulant View Post

Get a Xoom - you'll never have to wait in line.

Good one! Add that to the Zoom's check list.
  • Reply 28 of 29
    Quote:

For some reason whenever I order something from apple and its shipped fedex it always gets here a day before the estimated delivery date.

Thats just Fedex, they do a much better job shipping than UPS, they give you a conservative estimate but delivery is usually earlier than that. UPS on the other hand is awful, I've seen them hold my packages at facilities when it gets there earlier than expected for no reason, and will only deliver on or after the delivery date.
  • Reply 29 of 29
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cinaddy View Post

Why would FEDEX not deliver on Mondays??

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bigdawgjz88 View Post

Fedex delivers on mondays

I stand partially corrected. Fedex Home Delivery and SmartPost does not deliver on Mondays. Only Tuesday thru Saturday.

All other FedEx services deliver Monday thru Saturday, like ExpressSaver, 2Day, Overnight . . . . I think Apple is shipping the iPads ExpressSaver and the accessories either via SmartPost.

See: http://www.fedex.com/us/service-guid.../us/index.html