What songs do you listen to when you're down/ sad/ depressed/ whatever

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 31
    e1618978e1618978 Posts: 6,075member
    James Brown, or other funk music. Plus I eat a salad and try to get some sun - nutrition and light are the two major triggers for me.
  • Reply 22 of 31
    sammi josammi jo Posts: 4,634member
    Something to remind me that there really isnt anything to get depressed about.

If I was in a government rendition facility, or serving time in a regular prison, or similar... that would be a different deal. But in those circumstances, the only thing you can listen to is the continual slamming of heavy doors, the barking of the goons, and the clink of keys.

Otherwise, if feeling depressed or sad... Something that helps me to regain perspective. For example, a Beethoven symphony. A Bartok string quartet. Any Charles Ives, or Steve Reich. Maybe a Grainger folksong arrangement for wind ensemble. Perhaps some native Australian aborigine chants, Tuvan throat singing, Bulgarian womens' choirs, or African percussion, or Javanese/Balinese gamelan, or... etc etc etc....

The choices are huge, provided the word "baby" (and other moronic clichés) don't crop up in their usual contexts...
  • Reply 23 of 31
    miroddmirodd Posts: 15member
    "Black" or "Nothing Man" by Pearl Jam. I'm not sure why. They're not exactly happy songs.
  • Reply 24 of 31
    brucepbrucep Posts: 2,823member
    NEIL YOUNG

live at massey
  • Reply 25 of 31
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,016member
    Anything Coldplay. Can't really listen to it anymore, actually. Too emotional.
  • Reply 26 of 31
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

Anything Coldplay. Can't really listen to it anymore, actually. Too emotional.

Do you link songs with people? I certainly do.

The Smiths' "Last Night I Dreamt" was for Su - best line, "Just another false alarm."

Sylvian/Fripp's "Damage" was for Cathine - best line, "I just had to leave, there goes everything."

Jeff Buckley's "Forget Her" was for Medeleine - best line, "Don't fool yoursef, she was heartache from the moment that you met her."

Jason Mraz' "Absolutely Zero" was for Jackie - best line, "I guess that was my fault."

But all of those songs are near perfect narratives about those breakups from the beginning to the end of the song. I love them!

No song for Fanny, the love of my life!
  • Reply 27 of 31
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Nebagakid View Post

First of All, If you are dying, you need to listen to RadioHead because when I listen to that music and I am the least bit depressed, I want to die...BUT:

Everything I Do (I do it for you)\t6:33\tBryan Adams\t\tSlow Jam\t

All for One, All for Love\t4:45\tBryan Adams, Sting\tThree Musketteers\tSlow Jam\t

Livin' On A Prayer\t4:09\tBon Jovi\tSlippery When Wet\tRock\t

Wanted Dead or Alive\t5:08\tBon Jovi\tSlippery When Wet\tRock\t

Raining In Baltimore\t4:41\tCounting Crows\tAugust and Everything After\tSlow Rock\t

Baker Street (Remix)\t6:29\tGerry Rafferty\tRight Down The Line (Remasters) The Best Of Gerry Rafferty\tEasy Listening\t

Objects In The Rear View Mirror May Appear Closer Than They Are\t10:15\tMeat Loaf\tBat Out Of Hell 2: Back Into Hell\tRock & Roll\t

I Want to Go Home / Stars, Stars, Stars (reprise) / Finale\t3:47\tOriginal Broadway Cast\tBig - The Musical\tSoundtrack\t

I Wanna Be A Producer\t6:47\tOriginal Broadway Cast\tThe Producers\tSoundtrack\t

Springtime for Hitler\t8:24\tOriginal Broadway Cast\tThe Producers\tSoundtrack\t

Phish _ Farmhouse\t4:02\tPhish\tFarmhouse\tSlow Rock\t

Caroline No (Stereo Mix)\t2:51\tThe Beach Boys\tPet Sounds\tRock\t

Brooks Was Here\t5:05\tThomas Newman\tShawshank Redemption\tSoundtrack\t

these were all copied from iTunes

hello there.. just stumbled in this post and I totally can relate with your song choice especially the first ones on your list.. they are really good music to listen to especially when you are in a not-so-good mood..these music really cheer me up..
  • Reply 28 of 31
    brucepbrucep Posts: 2,823member
    hendrix

comeback baby

• Reply 29 of 31
    I like rap and stuff when im sad, any is good hate that gospul crap tho

never lisen to it
  • Reply 30 of 31
    When I feel sad I listen to:

- Another day (Buckshot LeFonque)

- All good things (Nelly Furtado)

- Just hold me (Maria Mena)

- Almost lover (a fine frenzy)

- Carousel (Vanessa Carlton)

But that's just me.

I'm in the middle of a breakup so all songs are love related
  • Reply 31 of 31
    Oh, hello, 2002; how've you been?

Anything minor key or slow by Cat Stevens or Moonstone (not Cat's), Am I The Only One?, When I Fall, or Footprints by Barenaked Ladies or Self Esteem Fund from the original Portal.