iOS 4.3.2 rumored to bring bug fixes, improvements within 2 weeks

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 35
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Superbass View Post

mean, with a virtual touchpad, you can input 7:30 by touching the screen 3 times, which you can rarely say about the idiotic UI they have now...

The usual reason to have drop down lists instead of user generated values is so you can't set your alarm to 7:65 AM on February 30th. I may take a little longer but it prevents error messages. Of course their track record with errors in the alarm app aren't that great anyway.
  • Reply 22 of 35
    enjournienjourni Posts: 254member
    Translation: we've patched the 4.3.1 jailbreak exploit and are rushing out an update.
  • Reply 23 of 35
    cubertcubert Posts: 728member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mbarriault View Post

I've noticed my iPhone 4 heats up way more than usual since 4.3.1, and possibly as a result, the battery is also dying significantly quicker.

Ironic because 4.3.1 was supposed to improve battery life but I've noticed the same.
  • Reply 24 of 35
    cubertcubert Posts: 728member
    Has anyone else had problems with GUI stutters and the text messages app crashing and acting wonky on 4.3.1?
  • Reply 25 of 35
    cutykamucutykamu Posts: 229member
    i had huge problems with the home button on iphone 4 before 4.3.1, now i'm happy...

my wife's iphone 4 is still having those issues when you have to press 2 to 3 times and it won't react at all and sometimes even clicking a single time will show me multitasking or voiceover (single click is counting 2 or 3 clicks)... hope they'll fix that in 4.3.2
  • Reply 26 of 35
    john.bjohn.b Posts: 2,742member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cubert View Post

Has anyone else had problems with GUI stutters and the text messages app crashing and acting wonky on 4.3.1?

The GUI stutters on my 3GS are what bother me the most. Decidedly un-Apple-like behavior.
  • Reply 27 of 35
    I don't care what else they fix, until they resolve this alarm bug. Idiotic bloody cell phone that can't handle DST correctly.
  • Reply 28 of 35
    aiaaia Posts: 181member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by h0mi View Post

Updating my phone to 4.3.1 didn't go very well... Itunes crashed in the middle of the upgrade and during the restore, it botched the restore and didn't put all the apps in the proper folders. I'm still reeling from the mess and unsure where to put everything. (yeah I know I probably should delete some unused apps).

When I updated my 3GS from 4.3.0 to 4.3.1 via restore from backup, the first time failed because my c: was low on free space and iTunes complained that there wasn't enough room to store the backup files (I had no idea it would try to create a backup while restoring from backup?). So I freed up some space (by deleting some really old backups), and did the restore from backup again. The second time was successful, however I noticed after the initial sync that none of my apps had gotten sync'd. At first I thought that it had lost my previous backup and had setup my phone as a new phone (I've done this before by accident), but I checked and all my contacts, SMS, calendar entries, etc. were there. I went into iTunes and sure enough the sync apps checkbox was unchecked - I enabled it and selected some apps that would've had app data stored in the backup (such as the gas mileage app) to verify that the restore from backup was successful. Sure enough, after syncing all of my mileage records were still there. So I sync'd the other apps that I needed and have left it at that. It's a bit annoying, but on the plus side it's also helped to reduce the clutter on my 3GS.
  • Reply 29 of 35
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

1) That was said about 4.3.1 and there is still a JB for it.

That was a different exploit though (at least for the untethered JB), wasn't it?

It's a cat-and-mouse game - the JBers find the holes, and Apple patches them up with the subsequent iOS release. Who knows how long this can go on for, but with each release of iOS it's getting harder and harder.

Just look at the lack of an unlock for iPhones with recent-ish basebands.
  • Reply 30 of 35
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by John.B View Post

The GUI stutters on my 3GS are what bother me the most. Decidedly un-Apple-like behavior.

Where do you see these stutters?
  • Reply 31 of 35
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by John.B View Post

The only fix I'm hoping for is to get the same battery life on my 3GS as I had with 4.2.1...

I think the battery life on my 3GS went downhill after upgrading to 4.2.1 (it wasn't great to begin with, mind you), and hasn't gotten better after upgrading to 4.3.0 and 4.3.1.
  • Reply 32 of 35
    4.3 and 4.3.1 have been terrible for me.

Stutter, stutter, stutter.

I went into the Apple Store and he conveniently told me that the stuttering was probably due to having too many apps "open" and showed me the multitasking bar (I know my iPhone intimately) and showed me how to close the apps I had open.

Needless to say, that had no effect before I got there nor after. Even a couple of the display iPhones had stuttering problems.

I needed to Restore my iPhone today because I held the Home and Sleep button too long and it went into Restore mode, so I thought maybe this would help.

IT'S FRIKKIN' WORSE!!!!

(Don't get me started that the BU that was on my iMac from only 2 hours earlier failed to restore any non-Apple Apps except 2 or 3. I had to restore from an older Backup, losing ALL of my data except the data from Calendar, Contacts, Notes. Data I use on a daily basis.

I am P'O'd!!!!

4.3 is garbage! And this is coming from an Apple Fanboi!!!

Thank you for listening kindly.

I am now going to take hours to rearrange the 200 apps that I have on my iPhone into the proper folders on the proper pages, and yes, I use 10% of the apps daily, 25% weekly, and about 90% of them monthly.

/rant

Grumble, grumble, grumble.

P.S. What the heck is RESTORE if it doesn't clean things out and then properly RESTORE your BACKUP to your device?????????????????
  • Reply 33 of 35
    anybodyanybody Posts: 3member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bagman View Post

Still waiting for the unlock for 4.3.1, so I can use a German SIM card when I travel to Europe in May. [...] Makes me angry that everywhere else in the world you can get an unlocked iphone - just not here.

Easy solution. Dump your current iPhone on eBay shortly before leaving the country, buy a new one in Germany (&restore your backup using iTunes) and the SIM-Lock is gone
  • Reply 34 of 35
    A fix for the disappeared tethering in 4.2.1. would be nice too - for those still using an iPhone 3G. Or do I now have to JB it in order to get the feature back
  • Reply 35 of 35
    john.bjohn.b Posts: 2,742member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by freelander51 View Post

A fix for the disappeared tethering in 4.2.1. would be nice too - for those still using an iPhone 3G.

And those still using an iPhone 3GS.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by freelander51 View Post

Or do I now have to JB it in order to get the feature back

Yeah, pretty much.