Time Capsule Help

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Ok here is the situation. I recently switch internet service to Alltel mobile broadband. There is no cable or dsl offered where I live. I use the PCD UM185 modem and I bought a Cradlepoint MBR1000 router so I could have a wireless network. My question is how do I connect my time capsule to my existing wireless network? I just want to use the time capsule as a wireless backup not as a router. Thanks for the help.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    mrtotesmrtotes Posts: 760member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by skives View Post

Ok here is the situation. I recently switch internet service to Alltel mobile broadband. There is no cable or dsl offered where I live. I use the PCD UM185 modem and I bought a Cradlepoint MBR1000 router so I could have a wireless network. My question is how do I connect my time capsule to my existing wireless network? I just want to use the time capsule as a wireless backup not as a router. Thanks for the help.

Yeah, this is all I do too.

Open the Airport Utility, select the Time Capsule on the left hand side. Click Manual Setup.

On the "Wireless" tab, choose "Wireless Mode: Join a Wireless Network" and enter the details of your Cradlepoint router. (Mine's called Empire in this screen shot below.)