Whats your salary?

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 45
    artman @_@artman @_@ Posts: 2,546member
    [quote]Originally posted by groverat:

<strong>$8.50/hr., 40hr/week. over the summer.

Not much, but it pays the bills.

Americans hate talking about money because we always want more. And for some reason want people to think we make more than we do.

</strong><hr></blockquote>

:eek: Whoa. Same as I make. Got a .50 cent raise though... Still, you probably have air conditioning...

I was just going to answer this question with; "pathetic"...
  • Reply 42 of 45
    jrcjrc Posts: 817member
    [quote]Originally posted by Thoth2:

<strong>

Student loans: you don't want to know.

Thoth</strong><hr></blockquote>

Oh, I KNOW! I know ALL THE STUDENT LOANS!
  • Reply 43 of 45
    brian j.brian j. Posts: 139member
    I'm a 28 year old programmer. I code in a variety of languages (maybe a dozen or so) and platforms (Windows, UNIX, and a little Mac OS X), have 6 years of experience, and have a CS Masters. I do contract work at a rate of $65/hour. I only do this to survive, and do it about 4 - 6 months out of the year. The rest of my time is spent golfing, and working on my first software product (which is basically highend shareware). My goal is to support myself with my own products, and never have to do contract work ever again. Contact work is lucrative, but it takes all of the fun out of programming...
  • Reply 44 of 45
    jambojambo Posts: 3,036member
    [quote]Originally posted by Splinemodel:

<strong>

Application Service Provider or Active Server Pages?</strong><hr></blockquote>

Active Server Pages

J :cool:
  • Reply 45 of 45
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    [quote]Originally posted by Jamie:

<strong>

Active Server Pages

J :cool: </strong><hr></blockquote>

I've come to like PHP more, but I have a lot of experience with ASP. I worked for a couple dot-bombs that had windows intranets. One of them had me building a message board system for them & their clients, but they died before I could deliver it to them. So I have full possession of it, I guess. It's not as feature-rific as vBulletin, but it does make use of some of the nice data collection features of ASP, so it's fast as hell.