iOS developers face legal threats over Apple's in-app purchase system

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 44
    Sorry. I have no time for opportunistic patent trolls doing something like this.

[redacted]

[redacted]

[redacted]

For the sake of the thread assume that I have trotted out every possible (and even contradictory or anatomically impossible) obscene epithet in my considerable lexicon to describe my feelings about these people. This includes elements garnered from several foreign prisons/jails, military service, and several pithy prostitutes of my acquaintance.
  • Reply 42 of 44
    galbigalbi Posts: 968member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by aderutter View Post

Here's hoping Apple uses all their legal resources to support/protect the developers!

Your regarding Apple in a high esteem. Dont. They arent going to help their developers, especially with financial incentives to fight their legal battles.

They only care about their own bottom lines.
  • Reply 43 of 44
    asdasdasdasd Posts: 5,686member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Galbi View Post

Your regarding Apple in a high esteem. Dont. They arent going to help their developers, especially with financial incentives to fight their legal battles.

They only care about their own bottom lines.

Since this is an attack on Apple revenue, they might.
  • Reply 44 of 44
    asdasdasdasd Posts: 5,686member
    Actually they wont, if lodsy;s reply is accurate. It is here, and reasonably argued.

They say:

Q: Lodsys is trying to force Apple to take a license by pressuring iOS developers.

05/15/2011

No, that’s not what’s happening. Apple is licensed for its nameplate products and services.

So Apple is licensed for when it does it's own in-app purchases. ( They also claim that Apple can't licence 3rd parties).

They are demanding 0.575% of US revenue over for the period of the notice letter to the expiration of the patent, plus applicable past usage. A million dollars in sales ( in-app only) in the US would see them get $5,750.

Possibly nobody can contest this. And given the cost - which is tiny - they may not.