Now THIS is funny

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
Researchers discover that the brand triggers a religious reactions in Fans's brains. No, this isnt a parody.

Quote:

(CNN) -- Next time Grandma asks why you're going to the mall on Sunday morning instead of church, tell her you're going to Apple Chapel.

For Apple fans, the brand triggers a reaction in the brain that's not unlike that of religious devotees, according to a BBC documentary series that cites neurological research.

The neuroscientists ran a magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) test on an Apple fanatic and discovered that images of the technology company's gadgets lit up the same parts of the brain as images of a deity do for religious people, the report says.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/TECH/gaming....pt=P1&iref=NS1

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,326moderator
    Quote:

The neuroscientists ran a magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) test on an Apple fanatic and discovered that images of the technology company's gadgets lit up the same parts of the brain as images of a deity do for religious people, the report says.

Wonder if it's a different part that lights up for a fatty looking at a giant cake at lunch time.

It makes sense that it's like a religion as it has a lot of parallels. Lord Jobs once wrote in his epistle to the Amazonians: 'Thou shalt have no other App Stores before me'. And the Amazonians went out into the desert and wept. Then returned with 3 wise men and a countersuit.

All I ask is that Lord Jobs looks upon the lame, blind beggar Mac Mini and helps him to see and walk again. Just brush the hem of his Levis Mac Mini and all will be made well. You will regain your strength in time for the second coming on June 6th when he casts you into the den of Lions.

Jobs 5:17 - Behold, happy is the man whom Jobs correcteth: therefore despise not thou the chastening of the Almighty.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,326moderator
    On a more serious note, one strong emotion that I see in both areas is a desire to see the object of focus succeed or be validated. This was quite apparent with the end of the world deal recently:

http://news.yahoo.com/video/us-15749...msday-25306498

(Some were sensible enough to pack a toothbrush ) I don't think it's gullibility as much as it is just what they want to happen for a variety of reasons. Until those reasons go away, the desire will remain.

Similarly, rather than having blind-faith, Apple fans I think mostly want to see Apple succeed because they make business decisions with the right values that end-users appreciate. They have clearly shown an innovative quality that does not come readily or consistently from other companies.

The biggest impact they made was with the iPhone (also referred to as the Jesus Phone) and with that single product, they made every other phone company in the world look like they treated their customers like crap because here you have companies that have made phones for decades being completely surpassed in terms of the user experience by a company that has never made a phone before.

When Apple consistently excel at what they do, the items they make become byproducts. In the same way music or art is an effect of the person or people making it. You can throw a marketing budget at garbage and get it to sell but people won't genuinely respect it and it will have no longevity. When people have ideas that surpass the effects that represent them, they are going to be held in a higher regard.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    jackk631jackk631 Posts: 1member
    Thanks for sharing good things.