What's up with OS X Lion Server?

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
I have been trying to find some information on Lion Server. I am particularly interested in:

- Portable Home Directories and PHD Syncing: still there? changes/improvements?

- Accounts with e-mail only (no home directory): still possible?

- Virtual hosts in mail server and web server: still possible?

- New webmail replacement for Squirrelmail: how do I manage server side sorting on IMAP (now a Squirrelmail plugin)?

- Postfix still the MTA?

- IMAP still the same implementation?

Basically, I am worried Apple is going to drop Server for Cloud-based solutions.

And how does upgrading a 10.6.x Server (say a mini server) to Lion server work?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    mr. memr. me Posts: 3,221member
    MacOS X 10.7 Server will be available at the Mac App Store at a price less than you paid for MacOS X 10.5 (client). Your other concerns amount to running in fear from your own ghost stories.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    gctwnlgctwnl Posts: 278member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mr. Me View Post

MacOS X 10.7 Server will be available at the Mac App Store at a price less than you paid for MacOS X 10.5 (client). Your other concerns amount to running in fear from your own ghost stories.

And this is an answer in what sense?

There is little to no information available on OS X Lion Server, except maybe that Squirrelmail will be replaced by Roundcube. I am trying to find out what effect it will have on me and my users.

I don't understand why you mention the price. But paying $60 for something that doesn't suit my needs is actually worse than paying $500 for something that does.