Has anyone else had an unauthorized iPhone wipe?

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Someone got my wifes mobileme info and wiped her data. Luckily she was backed up. Is there anyone we should notify. We have changed the password. I can't find any information on what to do on the Mobileme site.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    If she's changed the password, they shouldn't be able to do it again. No point in notifying anybody ... unless she just wants to listen to them laugh at her for "sharing" her password.

A secret known by more than ONE person is NOT a secret.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by KingOfSomewhereHot View Post

If she's changed the password, they shouldn't be able to do it again. No point in notifying anybody ... unless she just wants to listen to them laugh at her for "sharing" her password.

A secret known by more than ONE person is NOT a secret.

The person that did it said that LulzSec had hacked Mobileme and posted a text file online, then they wiped her out. Luckily she was backed up. After changing her Mobileme password she reinstalled then it happened again.

Any ideas would be helpful.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    bbwibbwi Posts: 812member
    Quote:

LulzSec had hacked Mobileme

I haven't heard that. Why only her?

I think something else is going on. Or, just call Apple Care
  • Reply 4 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by orbitalshift View Post

The person that did it said that LulzSec had hacked Mobileme and posted a text file online...

Right... because THAT wouldn't have made headlines.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by KingOfSomewhereHot View Post

Right... because THAT wouldn't have made headlines.

Thats the reason I came here to see if anyone else had an issue. Turns out it was another site my wife had joined and used the same password. All seems resolved now with no trouble.