Third-gen iPad, 4G LTE iPhone 'more likely' to come from Apple in 2012

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 28
    stelligentstelligent Posts: 2,680member
    All signs point to HTC's Thunderbolt selling well, even outselling iP4 in some stores. Likely Samsung's Droid Charge will as well. But I agree, Apple is likely going to stick to its guns and wait for better LTE chipsets. Tim Cook intimated this a couple of months, which is more than what Apple typically reveals. This would set up an interesting showdown - an iPhone that will be enhanced in various ways but clearly slower in data up/download speed. Which will consumers choose? Mind you, there is no clear evidence the Thunderbolt is selling well just because of LTE. Many consumers simply go for the latest, greatest of a brand.
  • Reply 22 of 28
    macrulezmacrulez Posts: 2,455member
    deleted
  • Reply 23 of 28
    stelligentstelligent Posts: 2,680member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MacRulez View Post

Did he add his own name to his list?

Actually yes, he has mocked himself on occasion, if however gently. He is really harsh on some folks.
  • Reply 24 of 28
    ivkivk Posts: 46member
    I'll wait and see, I try not to invest too much in rumors. I love my 3GS but I know it's time to upgrade soon. Question is should I just wait until 2012? I'm patient enough.
  • Reply 25 of 28
    kolchakkolchak Posts: 1,398member
    Oh, joy. Faster downloading so users can bump up against their bandwidth caps in half the time. Sounds great to me.
  • Reply 26 of 28
    No no no, calling it the iPhone 4S and then replacing it next year with a iPhone 4G? That would be confusing. The rules are: G before S. 3G --> 3GS, 4G --> 4GS.
  • Reply 27 of 28
    aizmovaizmov Posts: 989member
    Apple needs a faster hardware cycle. Why not a new iPad or iPhone to match the competition every 8 or 10 months? Apple can iterate between a major update and a minor update.
  • Reply 28 of 28
    tenobelltenobell Posts: 7,014member
    Why? To compete with Android in the incremental 1Ghz - 1.25Ghz - 1.27Ghz race to nowhere?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Aizmov View Post

Apple needs a faster hardware cycle. Why not a new iPad or iPhone to match the competition every 8 or 10 months? Apple can iterate between a major update and a minor update.