Printer not working:(

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I have a Canon MP620 that was working fine. Now it's not printing from either my iMac, which it is connected to, or from my MacBook Pro, which it was recognizing wirelessly.

Have tried everything I'm aware of so far. Any ideas welcomed!!!

Thanks!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    Is it possible you're out of ink? Sounds simple I know, but I've got 5 or 6 different ink cartridges if any one of them is empty the whole system shuts down!
  • Reply 2 of 2
    maxpilotmaxpilot Posts: 2member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by betsy View Post

I have a Canon MP620 that was working fine. Now it's not printing from either my iMac, which it is connected to, or from my MacBook Pro, which it was recognizing wirelessly.

Have tried everything I'm aware of so far. Any ideas welcomed!!!

Thanks!

Check your firewall settings. I had/have the same problem, but it is a firewall access issue. There is a "allow - deny" window that pops up for about 3 seconds, and if I am fast enough to click "allow" before the window goes away, it prints. If It goes away before I can click, it hangs forever and I have to delete the print job and start over, with my mouse ready to quickly click the allow button.

I have checked my firewall and the printer is listed there to allow incoming connections. So, I don't know what is going on.