WSJ: Apple board members have informally explored CEO succession options

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 31
    macrulezmacrulez Posts: 2,455member
    deleted
  • Reply 22 of 31
    boredumbboredumb Posts: 1,418member
    hmmm...Bill Gates ain't doin' much...maybe they could lure him out of retirement?!?!??! He does have some limited tech experience, and could probably learn to use an iPhone in just a few months...
  • Reply 23 of 31
    parksgmparksgm Posts: 60member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MacRulez View Post

Have a more productive day.

If the rest of his day is as productive as pointing out the several factual inaccuracies in your post, then I'm sure he will.

Don't take the easy way out by emphasizing that you truly meant "this year" in your original post. If you did mean it, then you knew of the prior investigation and the merit of your argument is called into question.
  • Reply 24 of 31
    stelligentstelligent Posts: 2,680member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by boredumb View Post

hmmm...Bill Gates ain't doin' much...maybe they could lure him out of retirement?!?!??! He does have some limited tech experience, and could probably learn to use an iPhone in just a few months...

Bill Gates isn't doing much? I guess not, if you don't consider eradicating polio, TB and malaria to be "much".
  • Reply 25 of 31
    stelligentstelligent Posts: 2,680member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by GQB View Post

Anyone who doesn't think that this is a blatant attempt to manipulate the stock just prior to earnings is naive.

On the other hand, WSJ is probably 'hacking' into Apple's phones... they are a Murdoch rag now.

Call me naive then.

IMO, Apple does not need to manipulate the stock. Furthermore, Apple tends to have an arrogant attitude when it comes to things like market study and market cap. Jobs himself has said more than once that the stock would take care of itself if they took care of designing the best products. Has it occurred to anyone that, despite being the founder and born-again CEO of the most valuable tech company on earth, Jobs is nowhere near as rich as Larry Ellison, Bill Gates, Steve Ballmer or Paul Allen? That says a thing or two about whether he really believes the stock would take care of itself or would rather stoop to manipulating the stock.
  • Reply 26 of 31
    deleted
  • Reply 27 of 31
    boredumbboredumb Posts: 1,418member
    Bill Gates isn't doing much? I guess not, if you don't consider eradicating polio, TB and malaria to be "much".

wasn't talking about his hobbies...say "hi" next time you're hangin' with him.
  • Reply 28 of 31
    nhtnht Posts: 4,522member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MacRulez View Post

I meant what I wrote, and he replied to something no one wrote. Simple as that.

I'm not the brilliant poster that confused the FTC with the SEC...so yes, I covered what you wrote.

And even if we let you off the hook for that one your statement is still wrong given that there was/is an active Apple stock manipulation investigation ongoing THIS year. That it might have started last year is immaterial to prove your bogus statement wrong.

You implied that Apple stock manipulation doesn't really happen and wrote an incredibly stupid statement to do so. Even better that you actually meant to do so. That makes it a triple fail.
  • Reply 29 of 31
    deleted
  • Reply 30 of 31
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by stelligent View Post

Call me naive then.

IMO, Apple does not need to manipulate the stock. Furthermore, Apple tends to have an arrogant attitude when it comes to things like market study and market cap. Jobs himself has said more than once that the stock would take care of itself if they took care of designing the best products. Has it occurred to anyone that, despite being the founder and born-again CEO of the most valuable tech company on earth, Jobs is nowhere near as rich as Larry Ellison, Bill Gates, Steve Ballmer or Paul Allen? That says a thing or two about whether he really believes the stock would take care of itself or would rather stoop to manipulating the stock.

I don't believe the insinuation is that Apple is attempting to manipulate stock prices but rather that institutional traders are attempting to manipulate stock prices and that anonymously sourced stories that break hours before earnings calls are a part of such manipulation-- as are credulous or complicit financial reporting.

After the horrific revelations of the past few years regarding the incestuous and openly rigged procedures undergirding "the markets" I wouldn't be terribly surprised to learn that all financial reporting is vetted by a cabal of plutocrats which has crafted a multi-decade narrative designed to abet aggressive concentration of wealth into the hands of the few, but that's just me.
  • Reply 31 of 31
    deleted