Alleged 'iPhone 5' case shows larger home button area, curved sides

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 53
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by capoeira4u View Post

Its probably a case for a fake iPhone sold at one of the fake Apple Stoer.

WIN. But you mean an iPhoen from an Apple Stoer.
  • Reply 42 of 53
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RBR View Post

Whatever the shape of the thing I just hope it is thicker so that it will have more battery space. The anorexic look gets in the way of functionality.

Sacrificing functionality for thinness? Apple? Nah, it would never happen!
  • Reply 43 of 53
    sector7gsector7g Posts: 156member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by chris.com View Post

You mean "farther," not "further."

http://grammar.quickanddirtytips.com...s-farther.aspx

-Chris.com

Really? Youre post was to correct a minor grammar mistake. Every one knew what he meant. Youre just a tool
  • Reply 44 of 53
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cloudgazer View Post

One problem with changing the 3GS shell too extensively is it impacts their litigation against samsung - which is another reason why I wonder if this might be the long fabled TD-SCDMA phone.

That button strikes me as being very un-Apple. Is the circular button really a problem for users? What benefit would an oblong button serve?
  • Reply 45 of 53
    I prefer the current iPhone 4 design more than all of the others released thus far. Regardless of whatever hardware changes introduced with the next iPhone, I think Apple's "real" next big leap will be iOS 5.
  • Reply 46 of 53
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

A schematic claimed to be for a case for Apple's anticipated fifth-generation iPhone shows a larger area for the home button

This seems very un-Apple like, which is why I am skeptical. I do not see anything that would warrent a bigger home button. Are they planning to have some kind of a rocker switch or something? Again, that does not seem Apple like at all.

I'd assume it is a fake. Guilty until proven innocent!

EDIT: Oops! Looks like Solipsism beat me to it.
  • Reply 47 of 53
    cloudgazercloudgazer Posts: 2,161member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

That button strikes me as being very un-Apple. Is the circular button really a problem for users? What benefit would an oblong button serve?

No, but by switching to an oblong they could reduce margin at the bottom of the device. A circular button would look weird in such a narrow margin. Also the button may be much smaller than the hole in the case that we're looking at here.

Not that I think this is necessarily genuine, but I don't think an oblong home button is out of the question.
  • Reply 48 of 53
    ....that would make it beyond ugly. The current iphone 4 design is very nice. Making a curved phone would be a horrible idea.
  • Reply 49 of 53
    blueeddieblueeddie Posts: 112member
    yeah... i wouldn't buy iPhone 5 if it came out to be curved no matter how good it is...

iphone 3gs looks disgusting compared to iPhone 4. thats also the reason why i'm considering iPad over iPad 2.

btw, i didn't take time to capitalize the P's in iPhones and iPads, thanks to Lion...
  • Reply 50 of 53
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,215member
    9to5mac got another indication that this report may be true. Actual silicone cases that mirror the schematics reported here. So while it may be ugly to some, or perhaps un-Apple like to a few others, it may really be the new iPhone5. Maybe take it up with Johnny. . .

http://9to5mac.com/2011/07/27/next-i...ilicone-cases/
  • Reply 51 of 53
    nofeernofeer Posts: 2,427member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ruoppster View Post

Remember that there was talk about Apple still selling the iPhone 3GS as an entry level device that would be cheep without a contract and really cheep with a contract. Well if they were going to do that they would need to bring one to Verizon too...so this might be the new iPhone 3GS that would have that dual CDMA/GSM chip. That would also explain why the LED flash hasnt moved because they might use the 5MB camera module that is used in the iPhone 4, and the new iPhone 4S or 5 would then have the new 8MB camera module with dual LED flash. If you think about it if they do keep the iPhone 3GS around they would have to update the look and maybe some of the internals because if they plan on supporting the phone with later iOS updates they usually keep updates for a phone 3, 4 years after it has been out right? Moving this new iPhone 3GS to the A4 would also make more sense with all the new dual core chip phones coming out now...it would also allow the iPhone 4S to have the A5 and the new iPhone 5 and iPad 3 could run the rumored A6 or an updated beefier A5+

Just some thoughts off the top of my head...let me know what you think...

bingo, good job

its a an update of the 3gs
  • Reply 52 of 53
    I think I'll just wait till the official unveiling.

After the last iPhone launch, which was filled with all kinds of hype and falsehoods, none of these leaks can be take seriously.