Carbon Clone Copy

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
As anyone ever used Carbon Clone Copy? thanks Marv

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    Do you by chance mean "Carbon Copy Cloner" ?

If so, then yes. It does just what it claims to do and does it rather well.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    marvfoxmarvfox Posts: 2,275member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by KingOfSomewhereHot View Post

Do you by chance mean "Carbon Copy Cloner" ?

If so, then yes. It does just what it claims to do and does it rather well.

Sorry I posted the app wrong.That is what i meant.Using this app you still need an external drive to back up all your data right?Thanks
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by marvfox View Post

Sorry I posted the app wrong.That is what i meant.Using this app you still need an external drive to back up all your data right?Thanks

You don't NEED one ... It'll back-up to a different partition on your existing drive... but that kinda defeats the purpose of a "backup", no?

It'll back up to CD/DVD media as well if you prefer.

(But yes, the primary use, i would suspect, is to backup to an external drive.)

You can select to have the backup volume be simple file-storage... or you can choose to make it a bootable drive including the OS and everything you need to boot up the computer from the backup disk.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    marvfoxmarvfox Posts: 2,275member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by KingOfSomewhereHot View Post

You don't NEED one ... It'll back-up to a different partition on your existing drive... but that kinda defeats the purpose of a "backup", no?

It'll back up to CD/DVD media as well if you prefer.

(But yes, the primary use, i would suspect, is to backup to an external drive.)

You can select to have the backup volume be simple file-storage... or you can choose to make it a bootable drive including the OS and everything you need to boot up the computer from the backup disk.

Thanks I appreciate this information you gave me. I might buy a dvd and back it up from this.