Quote:
    Originally Posted by monstrosity View Post

So you think it's OK to steal?

Oh, Apple steals stuff all the time.
  • Reply 22 of 154
    xsuxsu Posts: 401member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tjw View Post

Yes, they have that choice. But they can't buy the product which is arguably the next best after the iPad 2.

If I could make the second best CPU next to intel's by copy its entire design, would it be monopolistic practice on intel's part if they stop me from selling it?
  • Reply 23 of 154
    xsuxsu Posts: 401member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sroussey View Post

And they would get sued.
  • Reply 24 of 154
    monstrositymonstrosity Posts: 2,234member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sroussey View Post

Not on this scale they do not.
  • Reply 25 of 154
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tjw View Post

guys - why do you think this is funny? This is scary monopolistic behaviour.

Is everyone on this board seriously that stupid that they don't want any choice in electronics apart from apple?

Having spent years of my life working in Samsung fabs as a vendor, and being treated like shit by them, I think it's funny because a company with a frankly horrible culture, who typically use their size to treat vendors extremely badly, are getting a taste of their own medicine.

Schandenfreude? Yes.

Funny? That too!
  • Reply 26 of 154
    513513 Posts: 21member
    And what is so similar between Honeycomb and iOS (for iPad) please ?

It's pretty obvious they are different.
  • Reply 27 of 154
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by PaulMJohnson View Post

Having spent years of my life working in Samsung fabs as a vendor, and being treated like shit by them, I think it's funny because a company with a frankly horrible culture, who typically use their size to treat vendors extremely badly, are getting a taste of their own medicine.

Schandenfreude? Yes.

Funny? That too!

Yeah because Apple is well known for his perfect behavior with App Store employees, resellers, etc..
  • Reply 28 of 154
    Samsung, HTC, Motorola...your days are numbered
  • Reply 29 of 154
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by 513 View Post

Since this is a trade dress issue (how the hardware and if Samsung slapped its touchwiz UI on the tablet in question then SOME software looks in comparison to the iPad) so honeycomb proper has little to do with the issue at hand.
  • Reply 30 of 154
    sflocalsflocal Posts: 6,098member
    Quote:

I think you'll find a gazillion posts in countless other threads for this year alone that answered that question. Thank you for playing "Let's sound like a broken record!".
  • Reply 31 of 154
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sflocal View Post

I think you'll find a gazillion posts in countless other threads for this year alone that answered that question. Thank you for playing "Let's sound like a broken record!".

Just find me those posts then, I have plenty of time.

What about Apple wanting to ban the Nexus S ? No Touchwiz in there, just pure Android.
  • Reply 32 of 154
    tbelltbell Posts: 3,146member
    Apple is not a patent troll. Apple 1) actually builds things, 2) spends hundreds of millions of dollars in research to build things, 3) doesn't want competitors to ride freely on it's expensive research, 4) made a public statement that it's products were heavily patented, and 5) made it clear that it planned to protect its investment.

Patent trolls don't do research, don't build things, and they do allow companies to rely on allegedly patented ideas and sue as a way to extract money. Apple doesn't want money. It wants Samsung to stop copying its products.

Some Samsung phones are almost exact replicates of iPhones. You have to look carefully to see they are not.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by j2-core View Post

It would be great if one day Apple decided to not troll and sink all that money that are being wasted lawyers into research and development or maybe fixing Lion. They could be innovative which they have not really done since the magic mouse.

Make me ashamed to be an Apple owner

• Reply 33 of 154
    Quote:

I think you need to refresh your mind on what Apple is sueing Samsung for. (hint: hardware)
  • Reply 34 of 154
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Wait, it's not like anyone was buying them, anyway, so this doesn't do as much as I originally thought.

beat me too it!
  • Reply 35 of 154
    Quote:

What about Apple wanting to ban the Nexus S ? No Touchwiz in there, just pure Android.

Sorry but since you only 5 posts on here, I think the onus is on YOU to review posts on the subject. As for the Nexus S, I didn't know that Apple had a case against that but if it doesn't have a similar hardware build and no touchwiz then it most likely was a patent case (like HTC) which is totally different (but just as valid).
  • Reply 36 of 154
    sflocalsflocal Posts: 6,098member
    Quote:

IF you had plenty of time, you would not have posted your original question to begin with. This has been addressed countless times and debated till exhaustion. Won't satisfy the iHaters regardless. The Samsung fiasco is not about Android. Look it up yourself. You have plenty of time, and I have better things to do than show you how to type G O O G L E. Use one finger on your keyboard if it makes it easier.
  • Reply 37 of 154
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by benanderson89 View Post

I think you need to refresh your mind on what Apple is sueing Samsung for. (hint: hardware)

So, if I follow you, they should sue Motorola (Xoom), Acer (A500), Samsung (Galaxy Tab 10.1), Asus (Transformer), HP (TouchPad), etc, just because they are 10 inch tablets with a black bezel ?
  • Reply 38 of 154
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sflocal View Post

IF you had plenty of time, you would not have posted your original question to begin with. This has been addressed countless times and debated till exhaustion. Won't satisfy the iHaters regardless. The Samsung fiasco is not about Android. Look it up yourself. You have plenty of time, and I have better things to do than show you how to type G O O G L E. Use one finger on your keyboard if it makes it easier.

Come on lazy guy, you can do better.
  • Reply 39 of 154
    blah64blah64 Posts: 993member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Firefly7475 View Post

"Should Apple lose its patent infringement lawsuit, it agreed to pay Samsung damages, which weren?t specified."

How do you put a dollar amount on missing out on the critical launch of a brand new market?

Lawyers from both sides could be arguing this bloody case for a decade.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by cloudgazer View Post

I think that's a pretty clear indication of how sure Apple are that they'll win the suit.

Nah, it's an indicator of how sure the court is that Apple will win the suit. That's how injunctions are granted.
  • Reply 40 of 154
    This is nothing more than a company defending it's patents, as it should do. How is this monopolistic?