Apple searching for product security managers after 2nd lost iPhone prototype

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 27
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by monstrosity View Post

Or you could just buy some rope...

Tie the darn things to the field testers arms.

I'm sure Steve would rather have it tethered to another part of his/her anatomy, which would make it even more unlikely to be left behind on a barstool (Ouch).
  • Reply 22 of 27
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bagman View Post

I'm sure Steve would rather have it tethered to another part of his/her anatomy, which would make it even more unlikely to be left behind on a barstool (Ouch).

Up bup bup. The carriers won't allow indecent tethering.
  • Reply 23 of 27
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,728member
    Just pack all prototypes with a powerful explosive that can be remotely detonated when lost. 'Remote Wipe' would really have teeth then. Plus this would probably dissuade people stealing them once word got out.

"Look what I found on the bar! It's an iPhone prototype ... aaaaggghhh." Room clears in ten seconds ...
  • Reply 24 of 27
    bagmanbagman Posts: 349member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post

Just pack all prototypes with a powerful explosive that can be remotely detonated when lost. 'Remote Wipe' would really have teeth then. Plus this would probably dissuade people stealing them once word got out.

"Look what I found on the bar! It's an iPhone prototype ... aaaaggghhh." Room clears in ten seconds ...

Trouble is, Apple will have to find a destruct technology that is small and thin (plastique?), and doesn't drain the battery (at least until activated).

Hey, Mission Impossible has had that technology for decades. "This iphone will self-destruct in ten, nine, eight ......"
  • Reply 25 of 27
    modemode Posts: 163member
    iPhone 5

Think Diabolical
  • Reply 26 of 27
    No need to hire another security manager. Apple already has too many secrets and security.

I say; just bar the drunkards from the sensitive equipments. It is as simple as that. I will understand if someone forgets a products at his girlfriend's house or at the park with the kids.

What are these forgetters? Barflies?
  • Reply 27 of 27
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by OC4Theo View Post

What are these forgetters? Barflies?

I just had a horrible feeling they're going to come up with "Cheers Rebooted" and lost iPhones will be a big part of the first season. \