Leaked photo shows white 'iPhone 4s' entry in AT&T inventory system

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 59
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

A leaked photo allegedly from AT&T's internal inventory system ...

Inventory system? It looks like a service ticket system and a cr@ppy one at that.*

Can I say cr@ppy on TV Kent? On this network you can.
  • Reply 42 of 59
    All will be revealed soon...

Could be announced or released on Wed 5 Oct: iPhone 5, iPod Touch 5, iOS 5
  • Reply 43 of 59
    al_bundyal_bundy Posts: 1,525member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Euphonious View Post

But pre-paid iPhones have been around for years, including iPhone 4s! The pricing is naturally fairly extortionate. Pre-paid doesn't have to mean cheap. Many people are willing to buy an expensive phone but don't want to be tied into a contract.

This is for the plans like metro pcs, pay go on ATT and whatever Verizon will have. The unlimited everything for $50 a month or so. Not the buy your own phone on ATT jus because you don't want a contract.

The top android phone on android now is a samsung with a 600mhz CPU from a few years ago. The carriers know how much data each phone uses which is why only the crappy phones are sold as unlimited now.
  • Reply 44 of 59
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by grandplan View Post

If the person making the entry into the system had actual information, why not list GB?

The iphone 4 will not require any storage, and just run from the icloud.
  • Reply 45 of 59
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dullblade View Post

Dullblade, in your line of thinking, how would iCloud work with such a phone, when iCloud's Photostream is supposed to push the 1,000 latest photos to a person's iPhone? If the phone was being used in an area with poor coverage, would the user be limited to a few photos before the phone's storage is completely full? Could users carry any music with them, for when the network coverage is limited? I don't believe an iCloud dependent phone like this is likely.
  • Reply 46 of 59
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nitewing98 View Post

I thought all of Apple's advertising used that Pallatino font? That's the one you can trust!

Uh, WHAT?

Myriad Pro Semibold (Thin for the MacBook Air).
  • Reply 47 of 59
    This is more definitive proof of nothing.
  • Reply 48 of 59
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

Ah, give it up Spam. Just embrace the fact that we'll have two new phones. One's physically identical to the iPhone 4, but has an A5 chip, supports everybody, has a better camera for some reason, and is called the iPhone 4S.

The second has a 4.5" screen, looks like an iPod touch, has an 8MP camera, dual flashes, has an oval Home Button, and is called the iPhone 5.

May as well get it over with now.
  • Reply 49 of 59
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by charlituna View Post

Because it is likely a placeholder put in based on rumor and not actual information.

Actually it's not Apple's call. The service plans are the carrier's choice. If they want to support prepaid, then they will and Apple will adjust if needed.

Actually, that's not true.
  • Reply 50 of 59
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Ah, give it up Spam. Just embrace the fact that we'll have two new phones. One's physically identical to the iPhone 4, but has an A5 chip, supports everybody, has a better camera for some reason, and is called the iPhone 4S.

The second has a 4.5" screen, looks like an iPod touch, has an 8MP camera, dual flashes, has an oval Home Button, and is called the iPhone 5.

4.5" - so the pixel count will be higher (messing up all apps and going against one of their design credos), or resolution will go down. You really think Apple would perpetrate either blasphemy and call that their premium phone?
  • Reply 51 of 59
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

Nothing cannot be proven easily.
  • Reply 52 of 59
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dullblade View Post

Quote:
    Originally Posted by grandplan View Post

Dullblade, in your line of thinking, how would iCloud work with such a phone, when iCloud's Photostream is supposed to push the 1,000 latest photos to a person's iPhone? If the phone was being used in an area with poor coverage, would the user be limited to a few photos before the phone's storage is completely full? Could users carry any music with them, for when the network coverage is limited? I don't believe an iCloud dependent phone like this is likely.

No storage? When a photo is captured, the image file will immediately be sent to the cloud bit by bit. Apps would have to be streamed, along with music and videos. ICloud as announced in June will have to work completely differently.

Finally, a fundamental innovation from Apple - a device which requires no storage.
  • Reply 53 of 59
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by stelligent View Post

4.5" - so the pixel count will be higher (messing up all apps and going against one of their design credos), or resolution will go down. You really think Apple would perpetrate either blasphemy and call that their premium phone?

Yes. Well, not the 4.5". 4" even; I got carried away there. But yes, sadly, I do believe they'd try to do that we could see these two abominations.

Best not to have any faith in Apple whatsoever before a product release. That way, when it happens, you're happily surprised at even the slightest non-failing.
  • Reply 54 of 59
    hmmhmm Posts: 3,405member
    Quote:

No storage? When a photo is captured, the image file will immediately be sent to the cloud bit by bit. Apps would have to be streamed, along with music and videos. ICloud as announced in June will have to work completely differently.

Finally, a fundamental innovation from Apple - a device which requires no storage.

What do you do when out of coverage areas? We do not have global infallible mobile phone coverage. Say you're in a foreign country where accepting the cost of data rates there would be cost prohibitive... what do you do then? Reading your post actually gave me a headache. It's not innovative without extreme mobile phone coverage and absolute reliability. Neither is in place today.
  • Reply 55 of 59
    If there is an iPhone4S and and iPhone 5 then my guess is that those will be the only two versions sold and the IPhone 4 disappears completely. Apple has killed off wildly popular products before only to replace them with new ones i.e. iPod Mini replaced by iPod Nano.
  • Reply 56 of 59
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

...The second has a 4.5" screen, looks like an iPod touch, has an 8MP camera, dual flashes, has an oval Home Button, and is called the iPhone 5.

Can you operate the whole 4.5'' screen one handed?

I don't need a larger screen for a phone. The iPod touch could get a bigger screen.

But the central purpose of a phone is to make a call and I don't need a bigger screen to make calls.
  • Reply 57 of 59
    Kidding, I think this is just a cool AD for iPhone 5, good for Apple and AT&T!

If this is reliable then the iPhone 5 will be released Oct. 5 as rumored?

http://www.razorianfly.com/2011/09/1...tober-5-rumor/
  • Reply 58 of 59
    Quote:

Nothing cannot be proven easily.

But it can be done.
  • Reply 59 of 59
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tony12 View Post

Kidding, I think this is just a cool AD for iPhone 5, good for Apple and AT&T!

If this is reliable then the iPhone 5 will be released Oct. 5 as rumored?

http://www.razorianfly.com/2011/09/1...tober-5-rumor/

It's not reliable. Nothing is. We'll know the date when Apple releases the invites.